Front seats comfort

Are your 21-22 Tahoe Yukon seats comfortable on 3 hour+ trips?

• Yes, fabric seats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, fabric seats

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only owned two GM vehicles 2018 Yukon SLE (bottom of the barrel trim) with cloth seats and seats were super comfortable for me, then 2020 Tahoe LS (bottom of the barrel again) cloth seats and super comfortable seats. I drove those vehicles NC to Midwest 2-3 times a year and then every other weekend 1200 miles round trip across NC, never not once I was tired on those trucks. They were super quiet at highway speeds and seats were just superb. Of course, I know, that seats are highly personal thing. Due to engine issues and/or lack of GM dealer support with both 2018 and 2020 I traded out of them but long-trips comfort in Yukon and Tahoe keeps bringing me back, I have tried VW Atlas, Kia Telluride, Atlas seats are hard as rock and impossible on 3+ hour trips but I liked the rest of the car, quiet, drives nicely but I cannot use it on long 5+ trips, BTW, my wife can't stand seats in Atlas too, Telluride was comfortable on 10+ hour trip but it vibrated at 65-85MPH like mad, had to return it to the dealer. Expedition seats were very comfortable too but I have never owned Ford, is Ford and it's dealers are worse or better than GM?

Stshack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My new 22 Tahoe has very comfortable seats. I have made a couple long drives across the state and the 5 hour trip was nice.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hands down the best seats I ever had was my 2018 Nissan Titan. I could drive all day and not be in pain. They called them zero gravity seats, which may be a sales gimic but I truly loved those seats.

VAguy68

Reaction score
I had a 2015 F150 Platinum prior to my 21 Z71 and I almost didn't by the Tahoe because of the seats. The Plat's seats were incredible and the Tahoe seats are hard and narrow by comparison. I typically spend 3hrs a day commuting and I'm 6' 250lb. I like everything else on the Tahoe so I decided to just deal with it. First world problems right?

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is kinda comfortable? I agree totally subjective and although i cant quite stop driving my Hoe they seem to be a bit on the… stiffer side. I have the RST so all leather but for me after 2+ hrs i start getting a bit tired. Not sure if i havent found the right position but i personally feel my 2014 Grand Cherokee Hemi’s seats are much more comfortable. I can easily sit 4hrs plus. Either way i cant stop driving the Hoe.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are GM full size SUV front seats or Ford Expedition front seats more comfortable?

Unluckycharm

Reaction score
I had a 2020 GMC Sierra AT4, I found the seats to be complete garbage for a $65k truck- like it was an afterthought for the development team. It literally felt like I was sitting on plywood. My family took a few trips in it and, well, my wife said never again after we drove from Ohio to North Carolina.

I was able to find a 2021 Suburban to sit in and was able to confirm the seats are softer and have more “give” to cushion you, they are still a little firm but I think they will break in much nicer. The expedition had more comfortable seats overall in my opinion when I rented one. Still ordered a Tahoe. My two cents.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2020 GMC Sierra AT4, I found the seats to be complete garbage for a $65k truck- like it was an afterthought for the development team. It literally felt like I was sitting on plywood. My family took a few trips in it and, well, my wife said never again after we drove from Ohio to North Carolina.

I was able to find a 2021 Suburban to sit in and was able to confirm the seats are softer and have more “give” to cushion you, they are still a little firm but I think they will break in much nicer. The expedition had more comfortable seats overall in my opinion when I rented one. Still ordered a Tahoe. My two cents.
I'm personally waiting for some reviews to come out for the 2022 Expedition. I would be interested in a Expedition Max Limited with the Stealth Performance Edition. There are some features I think it does better than the GM full size SUVs. The update was much needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia