Front seats comfort

Are your 21-22 Tahoe Yukon seats comfortable on 3 hour+ trips?

• Yes, fabric seats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, fabric seats

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't yet leave GM brand because of how comfortable front seats were in my 2018 Yukon SLE and in 2020 LS. I did 21 hours in the seats across the country and did not even feel. Outstandingly comfortable.

Yesterday, my dealer invited me to test drive 2022 LT and I did. Sadly, I felt that 2022 seats are different from 2020. I only spent 45 mins riding in them but I felt they lacked that support that 2020 had. Those with 21-22 gen Tahoes who drive long distance, what are your thoughts on seat comfort? Edmunds review of 2022 Tahoe points out that seats in this Gen Tahoes are very uncomfortable.

As a side note, I found 2022 LT cabin to be noisier than 2020.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seat comfort is very subjective to each person, so there will be a wide range of responses.

I find the seats(2021 Yukon) to be good for long trips, but for short trips, they are a bit firm. Our previous SUV was a Ford Explorer(2017) and the seats were very good for short trips but a bit too soft for long trips.

I did own a 2016 GMC Sierra SLT and the seats were very good, both long and short trips.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I owned an 08 escalade,16 burb,18 escalade prior to my 22 burb rst

So far im quite happy with the seats. I drive 5 hours at a time quite often. I like how its a bit softer in the middle of the seat on these new model.
Im 6 2 and 220lbs by the way

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, yes, seats are very personal, but I was comparing 2018-2020 seats that were exactly the same to 2022. 2022 felt very different to me. I am hopeful that this is just my experience. I also do notice that fabric seats are more comfortable than leather (in my experience) as fabric is more elastic and stretches well. Just my two cents. As you can see even with two unlucky GM trucks I am still here Full me twice did not work, I guess it is full me thrice.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2016 Sierra HD, which I found significantly more comfortable than my '20 Sierra HD Denali, I hate those seats for long trips.

I did a decently long test drive of a '22 Yukon Denali yesterday and the feel of the seats were totally different than my Sierra, I just felt supported more. The actual butt section felt more cushioned and didnt feel as 'flat' or 'stiff' as my '20 Sierra Denali. I'm also a bigger guy so finding seats that are comfortable is always a challenge.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seats are ok. I had a 2021 SLT Yukon before the AT4 and find the AT4 seats to be slightly more comfortable; softer. Not sure trim levels change comfort; maybe the leathers are different and offer a hair more flex... If only they kept the damn adjustable pedals!

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the max recline seats in the Ford F150 Platinum rims look pretty comfortable. I'm waiting to see if anyone will confirm that the updated 2022 Expedition will use those seats.

Also, I'm waiting for some reviews of the Expedition Max Stealth Performance Edition. Would be nice to have a stiffer suspension and the High Output Ecoboost.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the seats in our '21 SLT are really quite hard and not all that comfortable. When exiting the vehicle I also tend to really squish the side bolster so I feel it's going to take a beating over time. I'm 6'3" with long legs so using the running board to exit is awkward and going right to the ground puts my full body weight sliding directly over the bolster

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had several trucks, pickups and Yukon Denali from 2014-2017 generation and found the seats to be horrible and very uncomfortable. Actually needed a truck and bought a 2013 suburban because of comfort. Those seats were better. But needing a better tow vehicle and new vehicle bought the '21 Denali CC. Seats are better than previous generation. Not comfortable but better as in not causing pain like my 2017 Denali. But every review of these trucks you see they all say the seats are not that comfortable. Too hard. They are marginal at best, too firm. I noticed the new 2022 Pickups mention new seats more comfort???? It was the #1 complaint of most reviewers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt