Front seat upgrade / swap / custom / adapted custom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomH91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone completely swapped out GMT 900 front seats for something more comfortable? The GMT 800 seats were pretty nice, even if there wasn’t much lateral support. The front seats in my 09 Denali are flat and hard and very uncomfortable after a couple of hours on the road.

You can swap in better replacement foam - unless you have cooled seats. I haven’t found anyone making aftermarket foam for cooled seats. I could put new GM foam and maybe get a few years before they lost their oomph, I guess. Has anyone adapted better seats from another car or truck or put in aftermarket seats?

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why haven't you tried the front seats from the newer Tahoe? They bolt right in. But you'll have to wire the seats

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone completely swapped out GMT 900 front seats for something more comfortable? The GMT 800 seats were pretty nice, even if there wasn’t much lateral support. The front seats in my 09 Denali are flat and hard and very uncomfortable after a couple of hours on the road.

You can swap in better replacement foam - unless you have cooled seats. I haven’t found anyone making aftermarket foam for cooled seats. I could put new GM foam and maybe get a few years before they lost their oomph, I guess. Has anyone adapted better seats from another car or truck or put in aftermarket seats?

The site says covers but they're all new cushions and leather, and they offer them for heated/cooled seats. Some of the guys on here love them.

OP
OP
T

TomH91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are the 2015-20 seats any better? I guess it would be worth the trouble if they are.

Appreciate the link, I’ll check it out.

OP
OP
T

TomH91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update on this: the GMT800 front seat mounting points are direct fit for GMT900. I find the older seats much more comfortable, so I picked up a pair in nice condition and dropped them in. They clear the center condole fine. The B-pillar area is a snug fit because of the shape of the seat belt cover, but it doesn’t need to be removed.

Of course the wiring harnesses are different. Until til I can sort that out I used a cordless drill battery and test leads with probes on one end and alligator clips on the other to temporarily power and position the seats comfortably. I can live with the airbag situation and seat belt light for now but your mileage may vary, so to speak.

OP
OP
T

TomH91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up a GM service kit of jumper wires and now have power to the GMT800 seats in all directions of adjustment and power lumbar. Much more better than the 900 seats but still reversible if I sell the Yukon.

IMG_0964.jpeg

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on this: the GMT800 front seat mounting points are direct fit for GMT900.
Does this mean I can transplant the front seats from a GMT800 pickup truck into my Tahoe?
I want the center console that passes for a central front seat with a lap belt when raised.

My present center console is useless as a 3rd seat.

OP
OP
T

TomH91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your sig says you have a 2002 Tahoe. GMT800 truck seats are a direct fit into a 2002 Tahoe. If you have a 2007-2009 Tahoe, GMT800 seats are also a direct fit in terms of the mounting holes. They will be a tight squeeze on the B pillar trim but not enough to prevent them from fitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz