2007-2009 front panels will swap into 2010-2014s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a thread from 4-5 years ago asking about this and instead of necro'ing a thread that contained errors I am creating a new thread.
The 2010-2014 pull handles on the front panels are crap and fall apart. The 07-09s are much stronger and don't fail nearly as often. This is not to be confused with the interior 'chrome' plastic door handles that open the door.

You can put any 07-09 tahoe/yukon/escalade/suburban front panel into your 2010-2014 tahoe/yukon/escalade. It does not matter which trim level you have*, the swap will work for most of them. They are direct bolt ons - all bolt holes line up, the window switch plugs are the same. There are two things you need to pay attention to.

1. There is one part you need to swap. You must have an 07-09 switch bezel for your 07-09 panel to fit onto your 10-14. Just take your old switch bezel off, 3 torx screws and put an 07-09 bezel on.

*2. If you have heated or cooled seats, make sure the panel you are purchasing has a hole size of about 8.75 inches across the greater lengths. I ran across a panel somewhere that had a much smaller cutout for the chrome handle and there would not be enough space for electrical buttons.

The other thing is, the panel styles changed a bit. The 10-14s have a larger round thing under the arm rest. TBH, I prefer the 07-09 style. That and they don't fall apart like the 10-14s.

The rear panels swap from 07-14 with no bezel change required. Rear suburban panels will NOT swap into tahoe/yukon/escalde vehicles!!

The silver bezel is the 10-14 style. The wood is the 07-09 style. I learned this through first hand experience having to replace a crap 2012 panel for a Tahoe.

WP_20230225_16_39_26_Pro.jpg

here are how the panel styles changed. That big bulbous thing is just more stuff that can break on the backside of the panel. Plus it reduces the amount of leg room you have under the arm rest. If you have big balls like me it's nice having that extra space to open your legs. All joking aside you won't even notice the difference if you only swap one side that failed and I doubt anyone else will notice unless you point it out.

WP_20230219_12_15_24_Pro.jpg
IMG_20221119_1527121.jpg

Last edited:

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It always bugged me that they changed the front door panels for 2010-2014, but GM didn't change the rear doors to match. I am glad I have a 2009 :)

OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It always bugged me that they changed the front door panels for 2010-2014, but GM didn't change the rear doors to match. I am glad I have a 2009 :)
Who knows why the decision was made. The odd thing is the rest of the interior is nearly the same and as you mentioned the rears are the same / unchanged.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
This is a diamond thread. My buddy has a 13 Silverado that has both front door panels toasted.

Here’s the kicker question … can the Escalade panels be used across other models?

I read a bit more … yes!

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s the kicker question … can the Escalade panels be used across other models?

I read a bit more … yes!
The Escalade door panel is a little different, the trim where the heated/Ac seat switch is located is different and I read that the cable for the door handle is slightly longer because of it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Gotcha, I’ll dive into it when I get a chance. Sounds interesting.

OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a diamond thread. My buddy has a 13 Silverado that has both front door panels toasted.

If your sierra / silverado has a door panel like this, a tahoe/yukon/escalade panel will NOT be a direct swap. The trims won't look right nor line up, you will lose out on one securing bolt and I don't think the master switch can be swapped*. There is also the matter of the cable to open the door. You'll need a longer one.

*Perhaps the master switch won't need to be swapped if the plugs on the tahoe/yukon are the same as the sierra/silverado master swtich, but I am unsure.

not compatible.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons