Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have done my tunes any other way. It's very nice to be able to send data to them and have a tune emailed back to me. And with all the mods I've done to my engine they've tuned it about 6 times so far. Plus I just had them send me another tune for my winter tires so my speedo is correct. Then when I put my 26's back on I can install the summer tune and the speedo gets corrected back.

Good info and much appreciated.

Definitely one thing that long body needs is a little less restriction and a little more freedom. Cheers.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
This thread is like crack for me.

I love it and I love that color. The Denali is in hibernation and I actually moved it the other day for the first time in 3 months and remember how much I miss driving it lol

Trucks look great as always. I’m going to be lazy and have both my vehicles polished to reduce swirls and get a better cover for the Denali since she’s my garage princess. If only you could fly up for a weekend haha

I’m jealous of the full third... I need that. I saw the scratch from the sign... that’s ok I backed into my dads platinum f150 and scratched them both good. Shit happens... I’ll have the shop fix it lol

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is like crack for me.

I love it and I love that color. The Denali is in hibernation and I actually moved it the other day for the first time in 3 months and remember how much I miss driving it lol

Trucks look great as always. I’m going to be lazy and have both my vehicles polished to reduce swirls and get a better cover for the Denali since she’s my garage princess. If only you could fly up for a weekend haha

I’m jealous of the full third... I need that. I saw the scratch from the sign... that’s ok I backed into my dads platinum f150 and scratched them both good. Shit happens... I’ll have the shop fix it lol

Thx man. The Suburban is still looking great and the water is still beading off nicely. The Esky full 3rd is probably my favorite mod.

Yeah that mark on the back bumper looks much better after I touched it up. Hopefully he catches me up on the next service.

71FD44A9-1AA8-40C6-BA36-EBAE0D9FD6D0.jpeg

Funny thing you mentioning a need for a detail.

My daughter mentions to my wife that I don’t really care about the Suburban because I was detailing the Tahoe this weekend. Lol Really?

Do you not recall the weekend I spent hammering the paint back in September after the summer months I was away right before the hurricane?

I said that’s what it takes to keep these trucks looking good.

My wife comes back with this, “There is a line between clean and an obsession. You work on them all the time.”

Meanwhile, she forgot to mention the new dishwasher, toilet wax ring, kitchen tap and tankless hot water heater that I installed all in the last month along with keeping the yard cut and edged.

I thankfully kept my mouth shut and walked out. I still had some work to do outside.

So I guess that’s it..... no more detailing or working on either of the trucks.....

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thx man. The Suburban is still looking great and the water is still beading off nicely. The Esky full 3rd is probably my favorite mod.

Yeah that mark on the back bumper looks much better after I touched it up. Hopefully he catches me up on the next service.

View attachment 191138

My daughter mentions to my wife that I don’t really care about the Suburban because I was detailing the Tahoe this weekend. Lol Really?

Do you not recall the weekend I spent hammering the paint back in September after the summer months I was away right before the hurricane?

My wife comes back with this, “There is a line between clean and an obsession. You work on them all the time.”

Meanwhile, she forgot to mention the new dishwasher, toilet wax ring, kitchen tap and tankless hot water heater that I installed all in the last month along with keeping the yard cut and edged.

I thankfully kept my mouth shut and walked out. I still had some work to do outside.

So I guess that’s it..... no more detailing or working on either of the trucks.....

:win: yeah..... Right.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah right. Then who's going to remove their McDonald's wrappers from the back seat and snot rags from the doors? A trip by the beach and they'll be blind because of the salt air.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score

View attachment 191138

That’s hilarious! My lady doesn’t make a fuss because I try to prioritize. And if she’s happy I can do what I want. It’s never a no you can’t buy it or do it, she usually asks if I really need it or if I should save. For example, just bought all new appliances, 2 weeks later had to rewire my whole garage. Guess who wanted headers? Guess who put the money into the house instead lol

I remember that conversation so vividly! At least mine is not a daily now so I can easily correct it, cover it, but a foam cannon and keep the swirls off!

I understand the obsession, I’m not sure if I like my Denali more or if I just like detailing lol I think it’s actually detailing! I’d go nuts if I couldn’t be ocd with my cars, all that work is my sense of sanity.

The only thing that sucks about your bumper boo boo is that it’s wdt which is next to impossible to match. So take the cheap route for now. I love that thing. I’ve never seen a stock truck look so good. I definitely need the full third (who did yours?) and the windshield tinted. What percent is yours?

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s hilarious! My lady doesn’t make a fuss because I try to prioritize. And if she’s happy I can do what I want. It’s never a no you can’t buy it or do it, she usually asks if I really need it or if I should save. For example, just bought all new appliances, 2 weeks later had to rewire my whole garage. Guess who wanted headers? Guess who put the money into the house instead lol

I remember that conversation so vividly! At least mine is not a daily now so I can easily correct it, cover it, but a foam cannon and keep the swirls off!

I understand the obsession, I’m not sure if I like my Denali more or if I just like detailing lol I think it’s actually detailing! I’d go nuts if I couldn’t be ocd with my cars, all that work is my sense of sanity.

The only thing that sucks about your bumper boo boo is that it’s wdt which is next to impossible to match. So take the cheap route for now. I love that thing. I’ve never seen a stock truck look so good. I definitely need the full third (who did yours?) and the windshield tinted. What percent is yours?

Yeah pretty funny stuff! We can all relate. Maybe I am over the top a little bit?

Esky 3rd Down by Vegas Chris.

[email protected]

Too technical for me, but I did install it myself which was a bit tricky,
However a massive sense of accomplishment on that mod. Still probably my favorite.

Windshield is 45% on both trucks. Suburban is 15% all around and Tahoe is 5% all around.

I got very close on the color match as I had some rattle can left over from the bow tied and OnStar antenna.

The indents in the plastic remain. It is so small that the color match looks great. No one but me will ever notice the dents or small scratches in the chrome trim.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Yeah pretty funny stuff! We can all relate. Maybe I am over the top a little bit?

Esky 3rd Down by Vegas Chris.

[email protected]

Too technical for me, but I did install it myself which was a bit tricky,
However a massive sense of accomplishment on that mod. Still probably my favorite.

Windshield is 45% on both trucks. Suburban is 15% all around and Tahoe is 5% all around.

I got very close on the color match as I had some rattle can left over from the bow tied and OnStar antenna.

The indents in the plastic remain. It is so small that the color match looks great. No one but me will ever notice the dents or small scratches in the chrome trim.

Let me pick your brain on this as I have never had a car with a tinted windshield. My whole vehicle is 20% ver stock on all sides, and 5% over stock on the rear. I was going to swap front windows to 5% snd leave the windshield empty or I could tint the windshield 50% (what my guy offers vs 35% which is too dark) and see if it brings the front windows darker since light isn't entering up front.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the contact that email is going to come in handy as my first mod after I fix paint and leather.

It's ok I'm over the top too...its too fun. Just for the record you need a retro now since you upgraded all your other lights! you can thank me later ;)

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me pick your brain on this as I have never had a car with a tinted windshield. My whole vehicle is 20% ver stock on all sides, and 5% over stock on the rear. I was going to swap front windows to 5% snd leave the windshield empty or I could tint the windshield 50% (what my guy offers vs 35% which is too dark) and see if it brings the front windows darker since light isn't entering up front.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the contact that email is going to come in handy as my first mod after I fix paint and leather.

It's ok I'm over the top too...its too fun. Just for the record you need a retro now since you upgraded all your other lights! you can thank me later ;)

There are many positives to tinting the windshield no matter what % you go with. Lower UV to your skin (no argument when I told my wife this is why I was getting it done), to your interior, especially the leather seats and darker all around due to less light filtering inside. And of course it looks good, which may mean more? lol

I went with 45% on both trucks, but thought maybe I should have gone with 35% on the Tahoe, just to go darker, but going from a top strip to full tint looks better and works better too.

I also use a reflective windshield shade on the
Tahoe whenever I park. My wife just forgets in the Suburban, so the tint helps keep the interior a little cooler (read little less hot)

I have noticed the Suburban considerably darker, even with 15% all around and the wife has not once said it was too dark. Picking my daughter up from school the other day and she couldn't actually see if it was me or my wife driving until I rolled down the window to say hello. On cloudy days it looks pretty cool, like you are riding in stealth a bit.

No retro at the moment, but thx for the push...lol.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. We do not get sun problems in Ohio like you do Florida but I think it would look good. Does it attract attention from the cops?

Does it make the front look darker all together? Maybe it will save me from tinting the side windows again!

I wouldn’t mind it being a little cooler especially with an all black interior in the summer (as my Denali is parked for winter).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yamen76