Flowmaster 50 or 50 SUV ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creekdaze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting one of the Flowmaster 50 mufflers put on in very near future, but cannot decide which one will suite my needs the best. Ultimately, I'm looking for increased fuel efficiency and do not really care about the sound.

I'm looking for some real world feedback from anyone willing to offer it. Did you see an increase in fuel efficiency (assuming you wer driving conservatively) and how much?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Oh, also going to do a BB tune, but they will not be anywhere around me. Is the standard tune okay or should I go with the data log tune for $100 more. Is it work the extra $100?

Thanks,
matt

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 50 Suv flowmaster cat back system. did I see an increase in fuel efficiency? No. why because I beleive I put my foot into it a little more to hear it! Sounds great when you get on it. Not to loud at idle or cruzin speeds. People well say it does not flow as good as magnaflow because of the baffle system it uses. My opinion is it flows better than stock. So if you can control yourself it should help. I get about 20 mile to the gallon.

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the 50 series along with a CAI. Fuel efficiency went from a maximum of 355 miles per tank TO 405 per tank. Typical driving is more freeway than city & 5 days out of the week it's pulling about 1500lbs.

Sound is great without being obnoxious.

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50 series

I went to 50 series so that there would be performance and sound difference, and I got a little of both, if sound is not what your after then, perhaps the 70 series woulod be best, sounds more like stock, yet benefits from increase in performance. 50 is not too loud at all, it is quiet when idle, only when you stomp on it, do you get the robust rumble. Also went to a rear exit, rather than typical right rear side exit (Magna Flow dual tip)

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 32

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to 50 series so that there would be performance and sound difference, and I got a little of both, if sound is not what your after then, perhaps the 70 series woulod be best, sounds more like stock, yet benefits from increase in performance. 50 is not too loud at all, it is quiet when idle, only when you stomp on it, do you get the robust rumble. Also went to a rear exit, rather than typical right rear side exit (Magna Flow dual tip)

That tip is a different setup! :waytogo:

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flowmaster is one of the worst flowing mufflers you can buy bc theres so many chambers in em. get a straight thru design like a magnaflow, slp, or dynomax bullet

Jbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 50 Suv flowmaster cat back system. did I see an increase in fuel efficiency? No. why because I beleive I put my foot into it a little more to hear it! Sounds great when you get on it. Not to loud at idle or cruzin speeds. People well say it does not flow as good as magnaflow because of the baffle system it uses. My opinion is it flows better than stock. So if you can control yourself it should help. I get about 20 mile to the gallon.

id love to know how you get 20 mpg? cuz i sure dont

brad6603

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been running a 50 series delta flow for almost a year. IT gets louder the longer you have it. I ran a 3" single in single out to a stainless tip at the stock location. I saw no mileage increase. I get 15.8 mpg on the interstate running 70 mph on cruise. I have run flowmaster on 3 of my vehicles.

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 40s on my yukon before I sold it. Fuel mileage went down after installing it. Go with Magnaflow. They sound better anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65