Fine grained VIN decoder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbuckeye20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm _finally_ going to buy a Tahoe. I almost bought a previous generation but found out about the new models and decided to wait till about now to buy a used 2015.

I'm wondering if there is a "fine grained" VIN decoder somewhere. Something that could tell you what packages/options were added in detail

For example a google search brought me to http://chevroletforum.com/forum/vindecoder.php but plugging in a VIN of a Tahoe with a known sunroof/heated seats I don't see that reported anywhere

OP
OP
cbuckeye20

cbuckeye20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Michael, that is very helpful! Now to try and get dealers to send me a picture of that sticker... :)

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or you could type them in here:
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/rpo/
and get the same result for free

Tapaltak

You can do that at any number of sites, 2 minutes on Google, or another preferred search engine, and you can find several of them. Some even try to give more information than just the name of the RPO code, not always successfully though. It's all in whether you want to just see the one code, or want a link to the entire list that you can bookmark, or save, and refer back to as needed/desired.

Besides, the OP asked for a way to decode the VIN on a vehicle that he does not own. All sellers will provide the VIN, if they don't already give it in their ads, but few will take the time to show the RPO codes and fewer still will take the time to send you a list.

Convenience has a price. The ability to view what equipment came on a vehicle from the factory, using only a VIN, is a convenience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts