FINALLY! Retrofit TSX HID projectors into Depo headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Looks really good! I hope you're going to seal those up from behind though...Lot of holes exposing the projector.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Gota love a good retro! Good work! My Morimoto Minis in Denali lights are awesome and make huge difference in light output.

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Did you have an HID kit on the depo lights before you did the retrofit? If so how was the light output? I keep reading depos work pretty well with them, but of course not as good as a retrofit.

Engine bay looks nice as well with the painted pieces. Did you completely paint the fuse box or just the cover?

Yes, had HID in the stock projectors. And they did actually work pretty good. But noticed when I removed them, the chrome layer inside bowl, had started to fade. HID bulbs must have gotten a little too hot.

Thanks, entire fuse box is painted. Along with a lot of other pieces in engine bay.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Awesome!!!

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Looks really good! I hope you're going to seal those up from behind though...Lot of holes exposing the projector.

Thanks. Have temporarily sealed it. But have a more permanent, but still removable, solution. But living in Arizona, luckily we don't get too much rain.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

looks good bro, can i ship my headlights to you?????

Thanks Junior. Send em on out :Handshake:
I was really surprised how easy it was. That being said, wasn't a walk in the park. Had really planned it out and did mocking up before hand. Luckily had my old Depo headlight set laying around, and took one apart to see how it all was gonna fit and go together. So that made doing it so much easier, knowing exactly what I was in for, and what needed to be done. TSX projectors were such a near perfect match.

CAResearch

Reaction score
Yeah I am not up on headlight specs/terminology. I do want HIDs for 2004 Denali, is there a part list somewhere? The op install pics helps, still confused what parts to buy, though

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Don't mean to Hijack, but what is a good HID for OEM Denali projectors?

Believe someone awhile back also used TSX projectors into Denali Depo projectors, and fit great. Any HID projectors could technically work, but may require more modification to housing and brackets. TSX have always been a very well known projector, with great light output, cutoff, color, modification ect... and great size to fit most housings easily. so retrofitters liked to use em. But S2K r awesome, and RX330 supposedly great too. But there so many projectora and also newer stuff out, different models, that should work very well.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Yeah I am not up on headlight specs/terminology. I do want HIDs for 2004 Denali, is there a part list somewhere? The op install pics helps, still confused what parts to buy, though

Assuming you are referring to HID retrofit, not just adding HID bulbs to halogen headlights.

Retrofit you need:
Set of headlight housings, HID projectors, HID ballasts, HID bulbs. Possibly bezels, if HID projector lenses are bigger/smaller then current bezels in housings(if projector lights). Wire harness/relays if want. If using OEM projectors with D2S bulbs, but afermarket ballasts, will need adapters.
You don't have use projector style headlights to begin with. Many retrofits are done to reflector housings. But main reason I originally chose Depo projectors, cause I knew they were removable, and size.

Then it's all about retrofitting them in.

My suggestions for doing a retrofit is, PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. The more you can visualize, measure, test and plan how it all will fit and work. The easier and less stressful it will be when you do it. And having an extra set of headlights to put in vehicle while your doing this, will ease and give you all the time you need. Not worrying it needs to be done, now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts