Finally Let me kno what you guys think !:D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Travieso

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Where'd you get the HD hood?
I bought the hood from craigslist.org for 200.00 bucks :Handshake:

Looks great dude I need to find one for my truck and get it painted black, did you build your tranny or something?
didn't built my tranny only mod i have in it is the corvette servo and line pressure from bbtune, I plan on adding a shift kit and external transmission oil cooler (True-Cool) and call it a day.

That's one gorgeous Tahoe...
thanks bro
Thats my favorite white tahoe anywhere.. Love all of it..
:Handshake: thanks :D

looks good..im still trying to find a rack, but im bored as shit of the tahoe..hopefully over the winter i come up with some ideas
yeah they are definitely hard to find but they are out there, you just gotta be patient and lucky or have $.. i found them at my local junk yard/dismantling place.

Looks Dam Good, Super Clean. What else are You going to change up on Her?
as far as cosmetic i'm pretty much done, i've been thinking of removing the lower valance and just have the upper valance white, at first i thought it was to much white but now it kinda grew on me. I'm still debating if i should paint my side steps white or just take them off haven't decided yet. I'm looking for a esky third break light and add a billet grille and that's pretty much it...

Next mods are Gears (4.30's) Headers TrueTrac Let the performance begin :)

Here is a couple of pictures of before and after (i need to wash the truck)
BEfore
CIMG4944.jpg

Rackless (i don't think so looks like something is missing)
CIMG4948.jpg

After (much Better)
CIMG4955.jpg

Last edited:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
didn't built my tranny only mod i have in it is the corvette servo and line pressure from bbtune, I plan on adding a shift kit and external transmission oil cooler (True-Cool) and call it a day.

Word I guess I'm the ******* who tells you your sig is wrong and you have a 4L60E :Handshake:

LazyAssLou

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn June! Seeing your truck makes me want to hurry up and finish mine! Your looks clean! Im lovin it!

OP
OP
Travieso

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
looks good..im still trying to find a rack, but im bored as shit of the tahoe..hopefully over the winter i come up with some ideas

Looks Dam Good, Super Clean. What else are You going to change up on Her?

Word I guess I'm the ******* who tells you your sig is wrong and you have a 4L60E :Handshake:

I'm kinda lost in this, I've had a couple reputable transmission shops tell me that i have the 4L65E Transmission with (with a Heavy Duty Torque converter and a thicker Imput shaft) that they put these in a couple of 06 tahoe's i asked him about what was all that about he said that my truck puts out more torque then 2000-2004 tahoes and thats why it needed a "beefier" torque converter is this true ? I've also gone to the dealership and they told me that i had the 4L65e. I know that the 4L70 Go on tbss, When i was shopping for my corvette servo the shop had to order me one for the 4L65e at least that's what they said. like i said im not 100% sure you might be right i might have the 4L60E and they just bullshitting me.. i ran my vin and this is all that comes up

(Transmission, 4-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode)

Damn June! Seeing your truck makes me want to hurry up and finish mine! Your looks clean! Im lovin it!
Thanks Luis whats the deal with your truck? is it still on the shop ? have you done anything to it ?

Last edited:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'm kinda lost in this, I've had a couple reputable transmission shops tell me that i have the 4L65E Transmission with (with a Heavy Duty Torque converter and a thicker Imput shaft) that they put these in a couple of 06 tahoe's i asked him about what was all that about he said that my truck puts out more torque then 2000-2004 tahoes and thats why it needed a "beefier" torque converter is this true ? I've also gone to the dealership and they told me that i had the 4L65e. I know that the 4L70 Go on tbss, When i was shopping for my corvette servo the shop had to order me one for the 4L65e at least that's what they said. like i said im not 100% sure you might be right i might have the 4L60E and they just bullshitting me.. i ran my vin and this is all that comes up

(Transmission, 4-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode)

I'm not sure why they told you that as I have never seen one on any non-denali 1/2 ton suv, the servo is the same as the corvette has the 65E (essentially a slightly stronger version of yours the main difference are the 5 pinion planetaries). You're not missing out on much, I was just wondering if you had it built up wouldn't be a bad idea to sort out the transmission stuff when you spec out a cam for that beast.

OP
OP
Travieso

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
I'm not sure why they told you that as I have never seen one on any non-denali 1/2 ton suv, the servo is the same as the corvette has the 65E (essentially a slightly stronger version of yours the main difference are the 5 pinion planetaries). You're not missing out on much, I was just wondering if you had it built up wouldn't be a bad idea to sort out the transmission stuff when you spec out a cam for that beast.

Thanks for the info max.. :Handshake:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
There are a bunch of numbers on a sticker in the glovebox and you should have one of the codes listed for either transmission, Jerry has a 65 cuz it is an escalade I still don't know how you found an 5.3 2wd esky :crazy: