Roof rack and skid plates design , who's in ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polo451

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys , i'm new to this forum but i think some people could be interested

i'm in car design , i do all sorts of stuff but since i bought my yukon 2016 , i've been trying to make it more "capable" off road , light off road i'm talking ..
so since there is nothing on the market i designed a roof rack , sleek and low , aluminum , the prototype is nearly finished , easy to install
i'll post pictures soon , if guys are interested i can make a small batch .

then skid plates , i already have the stock z71 aluminum plates , found on ebay , but for the fuel tank nothing , so i'll make one , same if you are interested , let me know ..

and of course if anybody wants something really custom , like wide fenders to accommodate 37's i'll be happy to design them , but expensive !

anyway let me know !

Paul

OP
OP
P

polo451

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cool!
the rack is going to powder coat soon , then it'll be ready , pictures this weekend hopefully
gotta scan the bottom to make the skids then

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dreamed of mounting some hard points to the tops of the A pillars to be able to connect a full length roof rack to. I and my tailgate have learned a hard lesson about the height of my garage door vs an open tailgate. Any rack needs to be no higher than the stock but able to be raised and support weight to clear the open tailgate. I thought about going to a junkyard to examine the tops of the A pillars destructively to see it that part is feasible. Never needed that much rack on a regular basis so I settled for a large chunk of foam from a sofa cushion to support a long load in front of my sunroof.

OP
OP
P

polo451

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys , sorry for the wait so here it is on my car !
super strong and easy to install on the 6 stock rail bolt holes

of course this is the first i made so i had to do some adjustments , but overall i'm happy with it .
i made some 3dprinted spacers for the rails as they were a bit short, the final won't have those .and the spoiler will change a bit for an even better aero.
i drove 500 miles with it , up to 85mph , no noise !
and for those who want to keep a low profile you can see it sticks out only a few inches up , like 3"

i have some hardware for the rails , to bolt accessories.

this one is the short version as i have a suroof , i would have to see if a longer version is possible as the rails have a bend.

what do you think ?

if some of you want one i can make some , and i can do custom colors , logos whatever you want !

20231014_112414.jpg20231014_112400.jpg20231014_112326.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts