What rear hatch glass will fit a 2002 Yukon XL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure your insurance carrier, I have had a claim every year for the past 7 years. 3 totaled cars (2 I still own) for hail, one not at fault accident, one at fault accident, 3 hail claims on the house. My house had a market adjustment rate increase, but otherwise my rates have not changed in 11 years (when I moved to a new market).

Recently they went down when I added one of those tracking devices to my cars. Rates dropped by 1/2.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...thats crazy. If my rates doubled, i'd have to start walking everywhere....lol
Yeah, it IS crazy. So much that I decided to drop my towing and roadside assistance coverage. If I do need a tow, I'll just call a tow truck and pay for it myself. It'll be cheaper in the long run, because my ins rates won't go up because of it.
I'm ONLY making a claim if I have an actual collision or something, where I have thousands of dollars worth of damage. I'll just pay for glass, and other small stuff myself. And the fcuked up thing is that's how they want it. They WANT you to pay for everything yourself. That's why they jack up your rates if you claim ANYTHING on your insurance.

OP
OP
YukonMike66

YukonMike66

Reaction score
Yeah, it IS crazy. So much that I decided to drop my towing and roadside assistance coverage. If I do need a tow, I'll just call a tow truck and pay for it myself. It'll be cheaper in the long run, because my ins rates won't go up because of it.
I'm ONLY making a claim if I have an actual collision or something, where I have thousands of dollars worth of damage. I'll just pay for glass, and other small stuff myself. And the fcuked up thing is that's how they want it. They WANT you to pay for everything yourself. That's why they jack up your rates if you claim ANYTHING on your insurance.
Insurance companies might be a necessary evil....but they are more evil than anything. I hit 2 deer (at the same time) with my truck a while back and i was told by my insurance company 2 years earlier that "deer strikes" are covered. I had called and asked because i had a friend hit a deer and the cost for repairs was staggering. Anyway... this is how it happened...i had 4 der run across the road in front of me (from right to left)...i slammed on the brakes, at the same time a truck was coming the other way..he hit the brakes, slid and got cocked sideways and ended up facing my lane at an angle... he missed 2 of the deer but he hit the other 2 sending them back across the road and in to my truck. He took off and kept driving...i ended up with a trashed from end, no headlights, buckled hood, broken trans cooler leaking fluid everywhere, etc..etc.. i called a tow truck and my insurance company. My insurance company wouldn't cover it because the deer had been hit by another vehicle prior to hitting my truck...SOMEHOW that meant that they could NOT cover it...i argued with them for a month before giving up and fixing the truck myself. Anyway.. insurance companies are thieves. Thanks for the reply...have a great night.

OP
OP
YukonMike66

YukonMike66

Reaction score
So, this is a follow up to the rear hatch glass question. The reason it is such a late follow up is because the lady i was helping passed away (R.I.P Tressa)....and she left me her '02 Yukon and i just fixed the rear glass. As a refresher...the old glass on the 2002 Yukon XL was suffering from the common problem of the hinge separating from the glass due to a flaw in the method GM used in attaching the glass/hinge. Anyway, i bought the glass from a 2005 Suburban which has a much better hinge set-up...it fits perfectly with zero modifications and no leaks...the glass hatch latches in place with zero effort. Thasnk you for all your help guys....Tressa would love that her Yukon is back on the road being enjoyed.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, this is a follow up to the rear hatch glass question. The reason it is such a late follow up is because the lady i was helping passed away (R.I.P Tressa)....and she left me her '02 Yukon and i just fixed the rear glass. As a refresher...the old glass on the 2002 Yukon XL was suffering from the common problem of the hinge separating from the glass due to a flaw in the method GM used in attaching the glass/hinge. Anyway, i bought the glass from a 2005 Suburban which has a much better hinge set-up...it fits perfectly with zero modifications and no leaks...the glass hatch latches in place with zero effort. Thasnk you for all your help guys....Tressa would love that her Yukon is back on the road being enjoyed.
Sad to hear of her passing! But she left you her rig?! That’s pretty awesome! Glad to hear the rig is in good hands and still running strong!

Edit: fixed because my stupid autocorrect changed rig is in good hands to rig is in old hands and I didn’t catch before I hit post. lol the most recent iOS update
For the iPhones completely changed how my autocorrect works and it irritates me to no end and often times I don’t see the dumb mistakes it makes thinking it’s fixing things and then I hit post without proofreading

Last edited:
OP
OP
YukonMike66

YukonMike66

Reaction score
Sad to hear of her passing! But she left you her rig?! That’s pretty awesome! Glad to hear the rig is in good hands and still running strong!

Edit: fixed because my stupid autocorrect changed rig is in good hands to rig is in old hands and I didn’t catch before I hit post. lol the most recent iOS update
For the iPhones completely changed how my autocorrect works and it irritates me to no end and often times I don’t see the dumb mistakes it makes thinking it’s fixing things and then I hit post without proofreading
My Motorola has done some really odd things with voice to text and autocorrect...i can say just about anything into my Voice To Text and it will look correct, until i hit send, then it changes it to something completely different. And if i happen to type a word that is correct, but not common...it will change it to whatever IT thinks is right.
Anyway...yes, she left me a Rust free 02' Yukon XL with 99,808 miles on it. I've been going through it, fixing stuff like the rear hatch glass issue...a mirror switch that didnt work, 2 window regulators that were needing help .... a leaking Schrader valve which was causing the Freon to leak down (easy fix there) ... all i need now is to replace the rear view mirror which has the outside and such in it...it goes on and off which is common, i may pull it apart and re-solder everything..not sure yet.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Motorola has done some really odd things with voice to text and autocorrect...i can say just about anything into my Voice To Text and it will look correct, until i hit send, then it changes it to something completely different. And if i happen to type a word that is correct, but not common...it will change it to whatever IT thinks is right.
Anyway...yes, she left me a Rust free 02' Yukon XL with 99,808 miles on it. I've been going through it, fixing stuff like the rear hatch glass issue...a mirror switch that didnt work, 2 window regulators that were needing help .... a leaking Schrader valve which was causing the Freon to leak down (easy fix there) ... all i need now is to replace the rear view mirror which has the outside and such in it...it goes on and off which is common, i may pull it apart and re-solder everything..not sure yet.
dang that’s super low miles for a 2002! Awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660