Finally in my garage!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PSI is at spec and I do not have magnetic ride (I wish). It just seems to transfer the road more than it should. Maybe my tires are stiffer than they should be, who knows. I think this is one reason why I've had so many issues with interior creaks and rattles. The stiffer the ride, the more rattles..

Run the tires at 1 or 2 psi below cold recommended tire pressure it will make a huge difference. I go by the warm pressure, 33 or 34 at highway speed is high enough for me. The pressure rating is part of the cafe standards and it's all a trade off including tire wear whatever is important to you.

A good balance of performance, economy and comfort : 5.3L, 20" tires with aforementioned pressure running 87 octane. You can run 500 miles before the next fill up in relative comfort without breaking the bank, at least before they shrunk the gas tank.

OP
OP
MelloYello95

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could drive another SLT to compare the ride. Looks like we have the same Yukon and to me the ride is harsh. I can feel all road imperfections. Although, on smooth interstate driving it is very nice. It doesn't help that my wife drives a Lexus, so I get easily spoiled when taking it out for a spin.

I've never seen another SLT on a dealer lot since I purchased mine way back in July 2020. Would be nice to see if there really is a difference in mine.

Wish I had some advice. Our SLT drives amazing. We have horrible roads where we live and I can hardly feel them. I test drove the new Expeditions, Infiniti Q80, and they were not near the comfort of our Yukon. I have also always lived in the mountains. Rough roads and rough city roads are normal here. So maybe I'm just used to a bumpy ride :)

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I had some advice. Our SLT drives amazing. We have horrible roads where we live and I can hardly feel them. I test drove the new Expeditions, Infiniti Q80, and they were not near the comfort of our Yukon. I have also always lived in the mountains. Rough roads and rough city roads are normal here. So maybe I'm just used to a bumpy ride :)

Wow, I really need to drive another one now.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run the tires at 1 or 2 psi below cold recommended tire pressure it will make a huge difference. I go by the warm pressure, 33 or 34 at highway speed is high enough for me. The pressure rating is part of the cafe standards and it's all a trade off including tire wear whatever is important to you.

A good balance of performance, economy and comfort : 5.3L, 20" tires with aforementioned pressure running 87 octane. You can run 500 miles before the next fill up in relative comfort without breaking the bank, at least before they shrunk the gas tank.

I think I'll let some air out to see if it improves. I'm for less mpg, for a better ride.

gilboyj

Reaction score
I think I'll let some air out to see if it improves. I'm for less mpg, for a better ride.
Can you report back after you fiddle with the tire pressure? I’m close to pulling the trigger on an in-stock XL SLT even though I have a Suburban Premier ordered. Your comments on the SLT’s ride have me concerned though...

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest you drive the XL now before it's gone. I would also think the XL would ride better, due to longer wheelbase. If you are coming from a previous gen, then you will likely be happy with the SLT.

OP
OP
MelloYello95

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you report back after you fiddle with the tire pressure? I’m close to pulling the trigger on an in-stock XL SLT even though I have a Suburban Premier ordered. Your comments on the SLT’s ride have me concerned though...

There's nothing wrong with the SLT models. They drive beautifully, some folks are never impressed or find fault with everything. Or, they actually did end up with a "lemon".

Last edited:

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with the SLT models. They drive beautifully, some folks are never impressed or find fault with everything.

Very true. The Yukon's have their issues, but other manufacturer's do as well. See the GLS forum: https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x167-255/

I am not a proponent of "it's okay because everyone also sucks" ... but there's also an acceptable margin based on industry average for new releases. GM is definitely toeing that line, but it seems the later 2021 models are more stable than the earlier builds.

With respect to the actual ride quality -- I have a Denali (22's) with the air suspension. I replaced the Bridgestone tires with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS Plus II, and it noticeably improved the ride to where I am elated about the ride quality. It was a little irritating replacing the tires so early, but I did get some money back for selling the lightly used Bridgestones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65