New to me 2017 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MountainDude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So last week I picked up very nice 2017 Yukon SLT with 22k miles on it. I swear the thing looks like it just rolled off the show room floor. Other than the occasional rough idle when it's warmed up, it works perfectly.

The idle has me a little concerned, but I am wondering if it just needs a few tanks of good fuel run through it. It only does it when it is warm and in drive when you pull up to a stop, and it just feels like an occasional miss. It is not throwing a code. With only having 22k miles on it, it obviously sat unused alot, and I wonder if it will clear up after a few tanks of good gas.

I'd like to get a copy of the window sticker to find out exactly what packages it has on it. It seems to have a mixed bag of accessories normally found on a Denali (like the oversized display for the driver). Has anyone found a website that works for Yukons?

RoadTrip

Reaction score
Congratulations on the Yukon in such mint condition.

A few tanks of fuel, some with injector cleaner should help the rough idle some, but you should consider cleaning the maf sensor. It could be fogged from sitting so much.

I assume you are busy changing ALL fluids, filters, belts and hoses?

There are two ways to find out more about your original equipment: 1) Order a Monroney Label off of their website. It won’t be the original window sticker but it will show you the factory options. 2) Enter the RPO codes, from the glovebox door, into an RPO code decipher list and it will give more detail on the options included on the build. If you do this on your phone, you won’t have to retype them.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Did you get any paperwork of repair and maintenance history? That is a 7 year old vehicle. Was it inspected before you bought? I am only assuming there is no CEL? Where did it spend it's life at?

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume you are busy changing ALL fluids, filters, belts and hoses?
I doubt his 17 needs belts and hoses. My 16 still has the original belts and hoses at 168K and they are still perfect.

Welcome from Miami&Queens NY!

Sound like your Yukon did a ton of short tripping. I would take it on a good highway run a few times. Mine had rough idle at stop lights for a couple of years [here and there] after I bought it. Got it brand new. Dealer found no issues with it. As miles went up the idle went smoother.

I use mostly Exxon-Mobil fuel. 87 octane.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So last week I picked up very nice 2017 Yukon SLT with 22k miles on it. I swear the thing looks like it just rolled off the show room floor. Other than the occasional rough idle when it's warmed up, it works perfectly.

The idle has me a little concerned, but I am wondering if it just needs a few tanks of good fuel run through it. It only does it when it is warm and in drive when you pull up to a stop, and it just feels like an occasional miss. It is not throwing a code. With only having 22k miles on it, it obviously sat unused alot, and I wonder if it will clear up after a few tanks of good gas.

I'd like to get a copy of the window sticker to find out exactly what packages it has on it. It seems to have a mixed bag of accessories normally found on a Denali (like the oversized display for the driver). Has anyone found a website that works for Yukons?
even though at 22k it's basically new you might want to get a new air filter and clean the throttle body and maf, then toss is some injector cleaner for a few tankfuils.
historically that should help clear up a rough idle.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you like cool air in the summertime, the condenser will need to be replaced. It’s a known issue.
could have been done already, a trip to dealer for the build sheet and printed mainteance records and any special coverages will tell.
just have to pull up to the service drive and ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts