Finally in my garage!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MelloYello95

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was afraid you were going to tell me that it was bolted to the painted surface of the bumper. My state does not require a front license plate either and I have made it clear (I hope) to my dealer to not install one on my beautiful new Pearl Beige Metallic bumper. :)

When I had a Jaguar in 2005, it had holes in the bumper and I covered them with https://bumperplugs.com/bumperplugs and it looked fine. This time, I'd rather not have the holes to begin with.

Enjoy your new Yukon in good health as I anxiously await mine.

Stay on top of them about it. Even though I made it very clear to the salesman, it was still installed. When new vehicles come in they go through a check in process even before sales get their list of new inventory. I called for a couple days to see if ours had shown up. It was washed, plastic removed, license brackets installed before the salesman even knew it was on the lot.

I hope you get yours soon! Its so hard waiting for it show up

OP
OP
MelloYello95

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Looks Awesome!

Seems you picked the right dealer as it has excellent reviews.

Thanks! It was a good dealer, just very far from where I am. I couldn't find one anywhere near me. Had one on order and dealer in Wyoming could never get allocation. Very tough year to find what you want in a new vehicle. Flew all day Friday, picked up Saturday morning and drove for 2 whole days back home.

gilboyj

Reaction score
Congrats!! How is the ride on the SLT? Some members have lamented that they wished they went with a higher trim as they feel the ride is harsh. Thanks for the input.

OP
OP
MelloYello95

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! How is the ride on the SLT? Some members have lamented that they wished they went with a higher trim as they feel the ride is harsh. Thanks for the input.

I guess it depends on what your coming out of. If the ride on the SLT feels "harsh" you've probably been pretty spoiled. It drives so much better, softer than our 2011 SLT. My opinion, it drives beautifully. Test drove a Denali and honestly do not feel much of a difference. Its very smooth, very quiet. We drove over rough roads in Iowa, Nebraska, and Colorado and couldn't be more happy with the ride. The larger tires absorb a lot. So comparing the ride to older generation Yukons, Ford trucks, and the new generation Expeditions its the best so far. (Those are the only vehicles we own or have owned). Hope that helps, only true way to know is to test drive one.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay on top of them about it. Even though I made it very clear to the salesman, it was still installed. When new vehicles come in they go through a check in process even before sales get their list of new inventory. I called for a couple days to see if ours had shown up. It was washed, plastic removed, license brackets installed before the salesman even knew it was on the lot.

I hope you get yours soon! Its so hard waiting for it show up

I explicitly told my dealer in writing we will not accept the vehicle if the front plate was mounted. I'll know in about 10 days if they got the picture or not....

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I explicitly told my dealer in writing we will not accept the vehicle if the front plate was mounted. I'll know in about 10 days if they got the picture or not....

Did the same thing 2 years ago. Told the rep the sale is off if he can't communicate within his organization effectively enough to make sure my request was made clear.

In my experience, most sales reps at dealerships know less about the fking vehicles than I do and I'm not the one selling them for a living.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076