Finally in my garage!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Diaferio

Reaction score
Mike, its beautiful! Love the color. Glad you were able to grab one with air ride before it became unavailable.
I ordered the thing in June of 2020. it was produced in September, but did not come in until December. It was a long trek, but well worth it!

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what your coming out of. If the ride on the SLT feels "harsh" you've probably been pretty spoiled. It drives so much better, softer than our 2011 SLT. My opinion, it drives beautifully. Test drove a Denali and honestly do not feel much of a difference. Its very smooth, very quiet. We drove over rough roads in Iowa, Nebraska, and Colorado and couldn't be more happy with the ride. The larger tires absorb a lot. So comparing the ride to older generation Yukons, Ford trucks, and the new generation Expeditions its the best so far. (Those are the only vehicles we own or have owned). Hope that helps, only true way to know is to test drive one.

I wish I could drive another SLT to compare the ride. Looks like we have the same Yukon and to me the ride is harsh. I can feel all road imperfections. Although, on smooth interstate driving it is very nice. It doesn't help that my wife drives a Lexus, so I get easily spoiled when taking it out for a spin.

I've never seen another SLT on a dealer lot since I purchased mine way back in July 2020. Would be nice to see if there really is a difference in mine.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could drive another SLT to compare the ride. Looks like we have the same Yukon and to me the ride is harsh. I can feel all road imperfections. Although, on smooth interstate driving it is very nice. It doesn't help that my wife drives a Lexus, so I get easily spoiled when taking it out for a spin.

I've never seen another SLT on a dealer lot since I purchased mine way back in July 2020. Would be nice to see if there really is a difference in mine.

do you have 20” or 22” wheels?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and to me the ride is harsh. I can feel all road imperfections. Although, on smooth interstate driving it is very nice.

Is your tire air pressure at or within a few psi of the door sticker? Does it have the Magnetic Ride Suspension? Sometimes they have to be recalibrated as the shocks stiffen up.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your tire air pressure at or within a few psi of the door sticker? Does it have the Magnetic Ride Suspension? Sometimes they have to be recalibrated as the shocks stiffen up.

PSI is at spec and I do not have magnetic ride (I wish). It just seems to transfer the road more than it should. Maybe my tires are stiffer than they should be, who knows. I think this is one reason why I've had so many issues with interior creaks and rattles. The stiffer the ride, the more rattles..

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PSI is at spec and I do not have magnetic ride (I wish). It just seems to transfer the road more than it should. Maybe my tires are stiffer than they should be, who knows. I think this is one reason why I've had so many issues with interior creaks and rattles. The stiffer the ride, the more rattles..

Could be the tires, the only other thing I can think of is that a shock is sticking, which will of course result in a harsh ride. It's not unheard of with your K2s and the newer T1s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts