Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lets keep pretending we have an endless supply of processable crude oil while we're at it
Exactly!

In the not too distant future people will look back at gas burners and laugh at how primitive they were; that we had the BURN something to make our cars go, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We will be burning things to make other things go for a long long time. At least a hundred years while governments spend a hundred trillion on pet boondoggles along the way.

Reforestation is the answer. Take a look at google maps they're all gone. Sorry, there is no real money in it, people would volunteer.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile plenty of the country burns shit to make the electricity to power these “clean energy” vehicles. Coal and natural gas power plants are still the majority. You’re not supposed to think about that though.
To clarify: according to the latest stats, electricity production in the us last year came from 60% fossil fuel, 20% nuclear and 20% renewables.

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile plenty of the country burns shit to make the electricity to power these “clean energy” vehicles. Coal and natural gas power plants are still the majority. You’re not supposed to think about that though.
To clarify: according to the latest stats, electricity production in the us last year came from 60% fossil fuel, 20% nuclear and 20% renewables.
I wish people WOULD think about it. If they did they’d realize the power plants are much more efficient and emit fewer CO2 than tailpipes. Furthermore they do it OUTSIDE densely populated areas where trees help with cleaning the released pollutants.

Outsourcing the production of power from a dirty inefficient individual internal combustion engine to a “clean” mass production power plant makes sense.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish people WOULD think about it. If they did they’d realize the power plants are much more efficient and emit fewer CO2 than tailpipes. Furthermore they do it OUTSIDE densely populated areas where trees help with cleaning the released pollutants.

Outsourcing the production of power from a dirty inefficient individual internal combustion engine to a “clean” mass production power plant makes sense.

You’ll lose any efficiency earned by converting coal to electricity and then transporting it ( heat in the power lines) and storing it in batteries where there’s loss and then converting it to rotational power with electric motors where there’s more loss. And it comes down to the fact you’re still burning shit to drive a car. You can spin it however you want and I won’t start an argument with you, I know better than to fall in that trap. You have an opinion, so do I.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California is a shining example of what not to do. They can’t keep their own lights on but want electric cars. I suppose it’s to hell with somebody else’s environment as long as theirs stay clean.
Electric cars will have their place but it’s not time yet. If you have to rely on someone else to make your power, then it’s not time. If the car is not affordable to a 50k wage earner and can carry 2 adults and 2 children, it’s not time. If the car cannot charge fully in the time it takes to pump 30 gallons of gas, it’s not time

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california hasnt had rolling black outs in 20 years.* last year was due to wild fires, instead of further risking damage to equipment they shut down
relying on someone else for power? you refine your own gas then im guessing? if anything youre more independent because you just plug the shit in at your house.
affordable is relative, go build and price out a new yukon/tahoe.
charging - plug. it. in. at. your. house. and you leave every single day without having to stop at a gas station.

Status
Not open for further replies.