Drivers seat NEW again :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coatwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just sharing in case someone is on the fence or curious about doing their seat.

I have an 04 GMC Yukon

My bottom portion of the drivers seat was shot, foam and all. So i ordered some stuff from the SEAT SHOP (Dot com) and believe it or not my Yukon doesn't have heated seats... So while I had my seat apart I added them.

Heres what I ordered for reference:
http://www.theseatshop.com/driver-bottom-13.html?cat=1444&seat_cover=3
http://www.theseatshop.com/driver-bottom-foam-cushion.html?cat=1444&seat_cover=426

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-628-040-Universal-Seat-Heater/dp/B002U6IL9O

This little upholstery job is very easy, plus if you need help the Seat Shop has great helpful videos

Pulled seat out. removed the bottom, stripped it, added all the new stuff and here is the before and after.

BEFORE:
FullSizeRender-119.gif
FullSizeRender-120.gif
FullSizeRender-121.gif

AFTER

FullSizeRender-122.gif
FullSizeRender-123.gif

Last edited:

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word. Looks great. I have been wanting to do mine over. It's just the 400 that's hard to swallow.

OP
OP
Coatwolf

Coatwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word. Looks great. I have been wanting to do mine over. It's just the 400 that's hard to swallow.

Yeah, I actually forked out $350 total.... Little high but man sitting in the redone seat is like driving a brand new Yukon, the Seat Shop Durofoam is awesome! It feels better than OEM. If your foam is good though that knocks off $120

Ill help anyone in my area do this if needed

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

FullSizeRender-127.gif

FullSizeRender-128.gif

FullSizeRender-126.gif

Seat Heater
FullSizeRender-125.gif

FullSizeRender-124.gif

OP
OP
Coatwolf

Coatwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very mice, I am sure this makes a HUGE difference driving your truck again.

Well done!!!!

Thanks! It made a HUGE difference!

What's great is the rest f the seats look brand new. Bought Yukon off original owner.... Nobody used the other seats or I should say.... Rarely.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good info......drivers seat is not there yet but am gonna bookmark this thread for future reference. Thanks for sharing!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VERY good info!!! I just picked up some gmt800 seats for my '98. I'll definitely be looking at this site as I want to redo them before I get the seats in. :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123