Seat cushion- OEM, Durafoam or eBay special?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dub,

I did it about 3 years ago and 60k. I'm not a big dud, about 205. Yup, he built up the cushion because the edge toward the door was breaking down. At the time I couldn't find an aftermarket and I didn't want to spend the $$ for OE cushion.

I'll snap a picture and post it. It has held up pretty well.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dub,

I did it about 3 years ago and 60k. I'm not a big dud, about 205. Yup, he built up the cushion because the edge toward the door was breaking down. At the time I couldn't find an aftermarket and I didn't want to spend the $$ for OE cushion.

I'll snap a picture and post it. It has held up pretty well.

I'd like to see that. It'd be good documentation here to see how 60K on the eBay cover wears.

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just steamed both front seat bottoms. If the foam isn’t coming apart or falling apart they will steam and stay just fine. I’ve been doing it for years. They puffed up so well, I steamed the leather a bit to get them back over the bolsters. Before it felt like I was kinda falling to the left when driving, now it’s just right.

Easiest approach by far - steaming "resets" the cushions. They will compress again just like any other new cushion will, but at least you won't have spent $100+ per cushion for new replacements. Granted, steaming doesn't fix tears or holes.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got really lucky and found a deal on the GM/oem one on eBay. I would just make sure if going eBay you confirm via the listing and photos it’s gm and not aftermarket

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easiest approach by far - steaming "resets" the cushions. They will compress again just like any other new cushion will, but at least you won't have spent $100+ per cushion for new replacements. Granted, steaming doesn't fix tears or holes.
Does passing spicy burrito farts hot enough to singe hair qualify as steaming the seats?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Significant disappointment here with the eBay foam cushion. It looks like it was already used. The outside (left) bolster is significantly lower than the inside bolster. See picture below. Contacting the seller - not happy at all. Don't waste your money with this clown, folks! Seller was autoparts-tom.

1669930368610.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Significant disappointment here with the eBay foam cushion. It looks like it was already used. The outside (left) bolster is significantly lower than the inside bolster. See picture below. Contacting the seller - not happy at all.

View attachment 386370

An identifying numbers on it? I'm wondering if someone sent the seller their used one as a "returned new one".

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are you steaming them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9