Seat cushion- OEM, Durafoam or eBay special?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An identifying numbers on it? I'm wondering if someone sent the seller their used one as a "returned new one".
No, not that I can see. My guess is that it's one made by them but was returned after being used for several months and the customer was pissed because it didn't hold up. Going to order from the Seat Shop instead.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pictures of the leather replacement bottom seat cover on my 07, I had it replaced about 60k ago. You,ll notice in the back where it is short and the non-leather gray material is showing (Pix 2). Like I said previously, the guy I had do it, built up the cushion some so it may have cause it to come up short in the back?

The leather has held up pretty.

Attachments

• 07 Tahoe Seats Pix 1.jpg
    07 Tahoe Seats Pix 1.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 07 Tahoe Seats Pix 3.jpg
    07 Tahoe Seats Pix 3.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 07 Tahoe Seats Pix 2.jpg
    07 Tahoe Seats Pix 2.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pictures of the leather replacement bottom seat cover on my 07, I had it replaced about 60k ago. You,ll notice in the back where it is short and the non-leather gray material is showing (Pix 2). Like I said previously, the guy I had do it, built up the cushion some so it may have cause it to come up short in the back?

The leather has held up pretty.

That's a lot of "short". Even though the cushion was built up, it should be squashed by the cover once it was wrapped. The cover doesn't stretch nearly as much as the cushion compresses and it wraps around and hooks to the seat pan. Or maybe it was REALLY tight and the cover stretched over time from the cushion pushing out on it?

Aside from that, I agree- the material looks to be holding up great. Thanks for the pics and input!

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, not that I can see. My guess is that it's one made by them but was returned after being used for several months and the customer was pissed because it didn't hold up. Going to order from the Seat Shop instead.

Is the OEM one discontinued? I don't have any experience with TSS cushions but I'm not crazy happy with the one seat cover I bought but the OEM is discontinued so unless I could make a passenger seat cover work on the driver seat, I'm stuck. And it cost twice what the OEM one would have cost.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the OEM one discontinued? I don't have any experience with TSS cushions but I'm not crazy happy with the one seat cover I bought but the OEM is discontinued so unless I could make a passenger seat cover work on the driver seat, I'm stuck. And it cost twice what the OEM one would have cost.
No, I think it's available but Rock Auto doesn't carry it, and after searching through the gmpartscenter website for 20 minutes and finding everything but that particular cushion in 20+ pages of matching search hits, and hearing people have good results with the seat shop cushion, I just went that way because of convenience.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new oem foam cushion and new oem seat cover sitting here waiting to be installed. If you guys need any specific pics, I can send them. @iamdub and @Geotrash both have my digits

As far as them being discontinued, I purchased two foams and two covers a couple months ago. This is for the non cooled seats (no perforation). I got them from malouf Chevrolet. One for the avalanche and one for casey's 08 Yukon

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a new oem foam cushion and new oem seat cover sitting here waiting to be installed. If you guys need any specific pics, I can send them. @iamdub and @Geotrash both have my digits

As far as them being discontinued, I purchased two foams and two covers a couple months ago. This is for the non cooled seats (no perforation). I got them from malouf Chevrolet. One for the avalanche and one for casey's 08 Yukon
Thanks @pwtr02ss.

Got home to Richmond today and the new durofoam pad was waiting for me. It’s legit and unused Planning to do the job Sunday afternoon.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just now ordered a new leather bottom and center console cover from these guys:

Supposedly doesn’t fit the ‘07 Yukon Denali but we’ll see! I’ll plan to do the work this coming weekend.

Did you ever post up your results and assessment of this cover? I wanna say you did but I can't remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts