Dorman 615-183 Intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've ported a couple intakes. There are 2 ways to go about this.

1) open up the throttle body opening for a larger throttle body, to run a LS7 throttle body. Then you can gasket match the runners that mate up to the cylinder head. I went from the opening and about 5" up into the intake. This method picked up about 20whp with the LS7 on the dyno.

2) with this method, do the above AND cut the top of the intake manifold off and cut out the baffle and clean everything up. This is a lot of work. Once your done I resealed the intake with some JB Weld high pressure plastic epoxy. I don't have dyno numbers on this method as the customer I sold it to has not been on a dyno yet. The butt dyno said good things.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out. I have tons of pictures I took throughout the process

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the porting I did was on the TBSS/Gen4 intake manifolds. There's gains to be made

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the porting I did was on the TBSS/Gen4 intake manifolds. There's gains to be made

You cut the top off a TBSS intake....very cool. Those things make good power as is.
Have you ever looked at the 3 piece Dorman?

I got an engine coming.
6.0, shaved 317s, and cam
Should make around 480lbs of TQ at the crank with stock intake.
I bet I could crack 500lbs with the TBSS or the Dorman.

I know I'm gonna need more air.
So trying to decide between TBSS and the Dorman. Porting the Dorman looks like a boatload of work though.
By the time I'm done working the Dorman, the cost might be comparable to the LSXRT.

Stocker TBSS is winning so far in the analysis.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heres what I looks like with the top cut of, pre and post baffle removal.

There are adapter to go from a 3 bolt throttle body to a 4 bolt, you can also find a pigtail adapter to make them talk too

IMG_20200501_092454.jpg IMG_20200501_181619.jpg

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres what I looks like with the top cut of, pre and post baffle removal.

There are adapter to go from a 3 bolt throttle body to a 4 bolt, you can also find a pigtail adapter to make them talk too

View attachment 275966 View attachment 275967

That looks pretty scary there.

Is that what you were doing to the LSA blowers? Porting?

Is that what you're gonna to your PPV? 6.0 with LS3 heads and an LSA Blower?

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much would you charge to port that Dorman?
It comes apart so you don't have to cut it in half....LOL

Mainly just a port of the TB opening behind the hole and the intake runners where the wedges are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e