Door handle suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IEATZ28

Reaction score
Hey folks,

We have a 2011 suburban, and the wonderful plastic on the chrome exterior door handles has broken. It is probably due to how my kids open it in combination with the poor design. Anywho, I replaced one of them with an aftermarket handle, but the handle is very tight, and my smaller kids can’t even get it open. So…my question is…is there an adjustment in the door to make it less difficult to open or is there a specific manufacturer of door handle that anyone with experience can recommend? Btw, I don’t need to worry about a keyhole because these are the rear handles on both sides.

TIA!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used A1 auto for replacements and have had good luck. I do know that there is variation in the aftermarket and have had some stiffer ones than others. Fortunately, they are cheap enough now to try a different one.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've used A1 auto for replacements and have had good luck. I do know that there is variation in the aftermarket and have had some stiffer ones than others. Fortunately, they are cheap enough now to try a different one.

What or where is A1 auto?

OP
OP
I

IEATZ28

Reaction score
I’ve used 1AAuto before. I used carparts.com for the last one. I might give 1A a try this time if no one has any better suggestions.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've replaced all of them, some more than once, with gm parts. The last time one broke, I went with Dorman. It doesn't have the same "feel" when you pull it but it's held on for 5 years or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel