Dashboard Gauge Lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed that there are 3 or 4 other lights at the top of the gauge cluster that are for turn signals, check engine light, etc... What type of bulbs are those? I would like to change those to LED Green for the turn signals and LED orange for the check engine light, ABS, etc...

some are LED already, mostly the amber ones (security etc)

turns and cruise are Bulbs... color is in the backing for the overlay itself on bulb illuminated items. I changed my turns and cruise to red. I painted the overlay red after scraping off the green, and changed the bulb to orange (so it would be dark red not pink/light red) with NAIL POLISH.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

I have the WHITE LED's and they look like a very light baby blue just like this picture. They won't look pure white for some reason. I think the stock bezel has something to do with it.

Here is mine: (Excuse the iPhone Pic)

2pzd2rn.jpg

Yeah, the pale greenish tint color is in the overlay itself... you could get pure white by removing the color from the backing, but it would be overbright and possibly have hot spots. Looks good as is!

uncleiceberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so did we ever find out if there is a way to re-solder new led's for 03+??

$300-400 is a little pricey for me, for an esky cluster

STEALTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what all do i need to convert my 2002 chevy tahoe gauges to blue? any help out there

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so since i have a 03 tahoe i would have to solder all my leds in :( no plug in play for the cluster or door or anything :(???

Brick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so since i have a 03 tahoe i would have to solder all my leds in :( no plug in play for the cluster or door or anything :(???

The soldering they are talking about is for the gauge clusters on 03+ like urs, the doors, domes, map lights, and those types should be plug and play. The window switches and what not will also need soldering.

Brick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished putting mine in, Blue LEDs. They are more uniform then they look, damn cell phone pic.

2010-04-14204851.jpg

Attachments

• 2010-04-14 20.48.51.jpg
    2010-04-14 20.48.51.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Man, I just saw this thread. YOu guys come up with some cool mods for every part of the truck. I see more and more money needing to fly out of the wallet but will love the results.

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
I changed out my bulbs with leds also. The problem I had was that the bulbs in the cluster started flickering and eventually went out. I would like to find some leds that would last in the cluster. If anybody know where I could get some, please let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz