Rattle under dashboard!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has developed a serious rattle under the dashboard. It's coming from the dead center of the dash up by the windshield right where the "security" light is (that little red flashing LED). Anybody have any idea what could be under there rattling and can anyone point me to a "how-to" on removing the dashboard to look under there?

I've seen guys remove the little plastic piece that runs across the dash, I've seen speaker grille removal and A-pillar removal but nothing on how to take the top panels off completely. There must be a way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prospect62

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure did. Found some that came close but couldn't find anybody who has removed the entire top dash pad.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Are you sure it’s IN the dash? I just fixed a rattle that sounded like the dash but it was the transmission dip stick tube rattling against a rear hvac tube. I wrapped a 1” wide piece of Velcro around it and it was fixed. See it stuck in between? IMG_2373.jpeg

Nautilus571

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see FB vidoes all the time where customers report rattles to the shop and it can be a.multitude of things such as an ink pen stuck.in the dash to.junk under the seat. Before you go ripping things apart I suggest you take a few minutes and a flashlight and do some investigating. You may be surprised what you find.

Mikeeb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck has developed a serious rattle under the dashboard. It's coming from the dead center of the dash up by the windshield right where the "security" light is (that little red flashing LED). Anybody have any idea what could be under there rattling and can anyone point me to a "how-to" on removing the dashboard to look under there?

I've seen guys remove the little plastic piece that runs across the dash, I've seen speaker grille removal and A-pillar removal but nothing on how to take the top panels off completely. There must be a way.
My 2019 has developed the same things. Dead center..Just enough to be very annoying. Did you find out what it was? Did you remove the Dash?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar