Dashboard Gauge Lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B0$$MAN

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
I just did this mod today. I use the white 194 90 degree LED's with new sockets and I am very pleased. The lighting is bright and there are zero dim spots. I noticed that there are 3 or 4 other lights at the top of the gauge cluster that are for turn signals, check engine light, etc... What type of bulbs are those? I would like to change those to LED Green for the turn signals and LED orange for the check engine light, ABS, etc...

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this mod today. I use the white 194 90 degree LED's with new sockets and I am very pleased. The lighting is bright and there are zero dim spots. I noticed that there are 3 or 4 other lights at the top of the gauge cluster that are for turn signals, check engine light, etc... What type of bulbs are those? I would like to change those to LED Green for the turn signals and LED orange for the check engine light, ABS, etc...

was it easy to swap bulbs? i understand peoples pics on how to remove the whole gauge bezel, but do you have to take it apart alot to get to the bulbs? like remove the needles and face of the gauge?

OP
OP
B0$$MAN

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
was it easy to swap bulbs? i understand peoples pics on how to remove the whole gauge bezel, but do you have to take it apart alot to get to the bulbs? like remove the needles and face of the gauge?

Yes it was very easy to swap bulbs. - I mean that if you buy new sockets for the LED bulbs because using the stock ones takes A LOT more time because the way the stock halogen bulbs are placed in the sockets.

You do not have to take it apart a lot. Just remove the black plastic panel at the back of the gauge cluster and you can twist the bulbs out. boom. done.

Literally took me 5 minutes.

OP
OP
B0$$MAN

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
these are blue corrdct?..has anyone done this mod with clear?

I have the WHITE LED's and they look like a very light baby blue just like this picture. They won't look pure white for some reason. I think the stock bezel has something to do with it.

Here is mine: (Excuse the iPhone Pic)

2pzd2rn.jpg

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it was very easy to swap bulbs. - I mean that if you buy new sockets for the LED bulbs because using the stock ones takes A LOT more time because the way the stock halogen bulbs are placed in the sockets.

You do not have to take it apart a lot. Just remove the black plastic panel at the back of the gauge cluster and you can twist the bulbs out. boom. done.

Literally took me 5 minutes.

you guys with the 00-02 are lucky. the 03+ are a pain in the ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA