Could This Be a BCM Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought your FOBs were not working, I must have misread that somewhere.

The horn beep is programmable in the DIC personalization settings. I can set that separately for each FOB to either sound the horn or flash the lights I think. And the first FOB press locks the doors while the second press on the FOB arms the security system.

I have one TPMS sensor with a low battery. That is why my relearn fails. Now that I know how to set them up from the phone I will never go through that relearn horsesh** again!!

No need to look at PDM wiring if the FOBs work. If they work that is proof that the serial data wiring is OK.
Yes I found how to set the functions in the DIC. I just swear it used to lock and arm on the 1st press. Maybe I'm hallucinating, I do have other vehicles and my memory ain't what it used to be! LOL!

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe try starting on another wheel for the programming. Might prove out the system. You don’t have one of these?
I looked into buying one of those but I couldn't find one that said it worked on '05 Yukons. Besides, America's Tires couldn't get a reading with their tool. Also, I went through 3 wheels trying to get a response and got nothing.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I disconnected the battery while I cleaned both fobs and installed fresh batteries. Reconnected the Battery, tested both fobs, and then tried the TPMS relearn again. Got the confirming two beeps and starting with the left front tire released air for approximately 15 seconds. Nothing. Went to the other 3 wheels in the sequence and did the same thing. Nothing. I'm taking the rest of the day off from that thing. If everything works in connection with the fobs, and the tire shop couldn't get any wheel to read, I'm going with all 4 are dead.

TJ Baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I disconnected the battery while I cleaned both fobs and installed fresh batteries. Reconnected the Battery, tested both fobs, and then tried the TPMS relearn again. Got the confirming two beeps and starting with the left front tire released air for approximately 15 seconds. Nothing. Went to the other 3 wheels in the sequence and did the same thing. Nothing. I'm taking the rest of the day off from that thing. If everything works in connection with the fobs, and the tire shop couldn't get any wheel to read, I'm going with all 4 are dead.

How recently have they been reading on the dash, do you know? Prior to the steering wheel sensor work were you getting any warnings about TPMS?

Just seems odd they would all die together. I have one that has been in low battery mode for years. Also on a 2005.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How recently have they been reading on the dash, do you know? Prior to the steering wheel sensor work were you getting any warnings about TPMS?

Just seems odd they would all die together. I have one that has been in low battery mode for years. Also on a 2005.
I really don't know, my wife drives it and she can't tell me. They may not have been reading all the time the ABS fuse was removed. (6 mos?) I know they're old, but I'm in the same mindset that it's strange all of them went at the time. I suppose stranger things have happened though. And I suppose they could have just gone into hibernation mode while it sat too. I've heard of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons