Change oil light won't turn off after pressing gas pedal 3 times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I can not reset the oil change lite, I press the gas pedal 3 times fast after turning the key to run position, I even tried 5 times and stomping the pedal 3 to 5 times, it still won't reset. I literally had the oil changed twice in 1 week, the second time was a mistake service by pep boys wen I ask for a fuel filter Change. I ck oil and the oil lever is fine.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can not reset the oil change lite, I press the gas pedal 3 times fast after turning the key to run position, I even tried 5 times and stomping the pedal 3 to 5 times, it still won't reset. I literally had the oil changed twice in 1 week, the second time was a mistake service by pep boys wen I ask for a fuel filter Change. I ck oil and the oil lever is fine.

Don’t think you reset it by hitting the pedal.

upload_2021-3-21_18-5-24.png

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
both ways works for my truck. just did the pedal reset a couple weeks ago on my 05. it has a dic, ive re set it from there in the past as well.

if you have no dic you just turn key to run and push the gas pedal 3 times.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually back on again but oh well it compete with the broken fuel light flashing lol
it has been a year, the reset message will come back over and over as the truck deems your closer to a oil change. needs to be reset with every oil change to keep on top of it.

i should see what % im at, i put like no miles on my truck over the year and do my oil changes once a year in march or april, so its been a year since i last reset mine.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did pedal reset on my 04 just the other week. Didn't have to press the pedal too quickly. Just 3 times to the floor within 3-5 second time span. I probably could have done it with my Tech 2, but I just got it and it was quicker to do the pedal reset procedure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purolator