CERAMIC BRAKES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArBldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Team! @mods please move this to the standard tahoe general discussion. I realize I posted in EV.

Has anyone put Corvette Ceramic Rotors and Brakes on their Tahoe? All of my cars have ceramic brake systems and I have become fond of not cleaning my wheels. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArBldr

ArBldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I discovered that the big brake kit offers 410mm front rotors. The ZR1 Rotors are 394mm buy they are 5 bolt. Seeking 6 bolt 410mm ceramic rotors.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I discovered that the big brake kit offers 410mm front rotors. The ZR1 Rotors are 394mm buy they are 5 bolt. Seeking 6 bolt 410mm ceramic rotors.
ceramic rotors? you must mean pads..... ceramic rotors sounds like a really bad idea

OP
OP
ArBldr

ArBldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ceramic rotors? you must mean pads..... ceramic rotors sounds like a really bad idea
No, I mean rotors. Why do they sound like a bad idea? They are 100% perfect on every other car I own.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I mean rotors. Why do they sound like a bad idea? They are 100% perfect on every other car I own.
just never heard of "carbon ceramic" rotors until just now. I have used carbon fiber pads which are noisy and very dirty,
I see these carbon ceramic rotors are designed to last the lifetime of the vehicle, I have my doubts given how i drive. lol

OP
OP
ArBldr

ArBldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just never heard of "carbon ceramic" rotors until just now. I have used carbon fiber pads which are noisy and very dirty,
I see these carbon ceramic rotors are designed to last the lifetime of the vehicle, I have my doubts given how i drive. lol
They are lightweight performance rotors designed for high heat driving situations. Mainly for sports cars but have the added benefit of low brake dust.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after a little reading it appears I am correct they can wear out pretty quickly if subjected to heat & abuse, that's a very expensive wear item in my book

OP
OP
ArBldr

ArBldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
after a little reading it appears I am correct they can wear out pretty quickly if subjected to heat & abuse, that's a very expensive wear item in my book
Only when racing. Regular driving they will outlast the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar