Callaway Conversion on a Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joew311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this truck today on my way home and fell in love:

26e72ac9ad1c8083b7cffc83930b2c58.jpg

I believe this is a tour of the same truck:

http://youtu.be/q36vRVqtmj4

I'm not a big fan of the design of the new Tahoes (I love the Yukons), but this might sway me. This one was an SC-460 which it looks like it's supercharged with 460 HP.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The K2XX Tahoe has lost all its aggressiveness in the new design and it looks contrived and misplaced trying to make it look fast as opposed to utilitarian. Lose all the chrome to make it look like the original color matched SEMA version (http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...mance-ss-and-rs-versions-of-tahoe-78339_1.jpg), drop it, and only then bother to supercharge it. Otherwise it's just a faster disco ball.

There I said it.

OP
OP
Joew311

Joew311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The K2XX Tahoe has lost all its aggressiveness in the new design and it looks contrived and misplaced trying to make it look fast as opposed to utilitarian. Lose all the chrome to make it look like the original color matched SEMA version (http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...mance-ss-and-rs-versions-of-tahoe-78339_1.jpg), drop it, and only then bother to supercharge it. Otherwise it's just a faster disco ball.

There I said it.

I agree...it's sad what they did to the new Tahoes/Burbans...but that new Escalade, oh man, that's just sexy.

broncophil

Reaction score
just coincidence, but i saw a brand new one getting unloaded at one of their headquarters here in OC CA. i was flying by on the freeway, otherwise i would have taken a pic.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been so long and still not feeling the new Tahoes at all.

Yukons looks good.... back is still so square like the rest though.

Escalade. Tail light Fail.

Silverado have grown on me though.... starting to like them in lowered form a lot.

Sierra is sweet too.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That gaudy/obnoxious front fascia is such an atrocity... wheels too small, overly badged (for advertising, I assume) & yes, too much chrome. One guy's opinion, of course.

OP
OP
Joew311

Joew311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can't get over the way the headlights/turns sweep back on the tahoes...for some reason it looks even worse to me on the suburbans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts