2WD to AWD Conversion 07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dwinters14

Reaction score
You're welcome..If you cant find a compatible transfer case input coupler, you may need a special output shaft from Advance Adaptors or a similar company to be installed in the trans in place of the oem shaft. I build 4L60Es for a variety of specialized 4x4 applications that call for the installation of a custom output shaft to mate with either a different GM factory tcase, another vehicle manufacturer's tcase or aftermarket tcase like Atlas units...
Great to know, thank you!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly do as well. I've driven in snow for years with RWD. The LSD makes a huge difference, and can do most normal things. I'm just thinking down the road, knowing I have the capability would open a ton of possibilities of use for my Burb.
I drove both limited slip and G80-equipped part-time 4WD (not AWD) rigs in Colorado for 20 years. I'll take a G80 over a limited slip every day of the week and twice on Sunday. When you're in 2WD and encounter an icy spot on a grade, in my experience a limited slip will kick the backend out faster than chain lightning. The G80 gives me a critical few milliseconds more notice about what's about to go down.

Edit: I'll also add that this was in the days before stability control so I have no idea if it's still relevant since every vehicle I've had with stability control has been full time AWD (2 Land Rovers and 2 Yukon XL Denali's).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar