Mileage for 21+ Brake replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Been hearing a squeaking that has gotten progressively louder over the past 3k miles. I thought was coming from the front but turned out to be the rear when the dealer looked at it. Life monitors show 50% front/ 70% rear

2022 denali dmax
35k miles

Anybody else needing to replace their pads/rotors unusually soon, esp for the rears? Dealer said they've seen this a handful of times already

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you are really ******* them, I'd say this is pretty early. I expect mine to go at least 60K plus. My last Grand Cherokee was at 90 K and the brakes were still good.
I can't really believe the monitors are that far off.... If they are then it deserves a good explanation, or an independent analysis.

OP
OP
BrokerThis

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Def have not been driving it like I stole it, nor slamming on the brakes consistently. Of course not covered under warrenty cause its a wear item, and they want $800 to replace the rear rotors/pads

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Def have not been driving it like I stole it, nor slamming on the brakes consistently. Of course not covered under warrenty cause its a wear item, and they want $800 to replace the rear rotors/pads
Rear OE Rotors are $97 each
Rear OE Pad Set is $92
Rear Break Pad Wear Sensor is $28 (unclear if you need one or two)

So, Parts are $342 + Tax if you need two wear sensors.
Replace of Pads and Rotors on one of these rigs should be 1.5 hrs book, tops, @$160/hr = $240

$580-600 MAX...and that is a generous labor rate and time.

BTW, there is 15% off parts orders on GMC.com right now...ask if they will match that.

PLUS, GM has a $10/rotor and $10/pad set rebate going right now too...

Padraig

Reaction score
So, are there better options in after market pads?

Padraig

Last edited:

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our brakes don't squeak, have 30k miles, with like 2/3 towing, and the electronic wear indicator is about 85%. If i were to believe it, seems i will never have to change brakes...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DBPA2024

Latest posts