Building the SS(V) TrailHoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Sparksalot mine came with the satin silver standard, just like most low spec trucks of that period. I think the PPV was chrome? I found lots of aftermarket chrome -not the look I want- and plenty of GM OEM satin still available from around $70 to twice that. Crazy money for a few ounces of painted plastic.

I finally found a set of four in satin for $50 on EBay. Fingers crossed they show up as described and not chrome!
Yes, the PPV caps are chrome on the GMT900 trucks. They're gloss black, but the same cap otherwise on the newer trucks. I'm liking those...

JEndsley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 268032 Good work by TireRack and UPS. Ordered these Wednesday and delivered on Saturday. :thumbsup:

Grabber X3 MT 35/12.5/17 in load range C, from which I hope to get a nice soft ride.

The lift, meanwhile, is meandering around in the ****** of LTL freight. :whip:
Eight days and counting.

Nice grabbers. We make those in southern Illinois. Hope you like them. Thanks for supporting USA made.

Raptor Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great looking build. Keep us posted on any new adds. I am considering going with bigger LS and seriously considering the 14 bolt. Just looking for the best options for the extra power and 37s.

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Nice grabbers. We make those in southern Illinois. Hope you like them. Thanks for supporting USA made.

Every chance I get. :waytogo:

And thanks for making things! Too many people in our economy today don’t want a job unless it’s sitting behind a computer screen.

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Note to future buyers of retired police vehicles: don’t go blindly feeling around under the seats!

Found these had migrated all the way down below the carpet under the back seat. A somber reminder of what officers have to deal with on a daily basis.

FF4FC03D-2338-421E-A437-48265ED772BD.jpeg

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like they've encountered some moisture down there.

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Looks like they've encountered some moisture down there.

Yeah, I don’t like to think about what exactly that may have been. :eek:

Although there’s no traces under the floor insulation, so maybe it’s been cleaned.

Or maybe the CBP took it swimming on occasion. No trace of flooding damage or rust in the body, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz