Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did my Afp mounts. They are soild as a rock. Motor doesn't move a bit. You will feel vibration in the pedal and seat of your pants. Currently I dont mind it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did my Afp mounts. They are soild as a rock. Motor doesn't move a bit. You will feel vibration in the pedal and seat of your pants. Currently I dont mind it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

When you're in drive that all goes away too. Smooth as butter. Still didn't pass my wife test. I'll sneak them back on if the H3 mounts break.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you're in drive that all goes away too. Smooth as butter. Still didn't pass my wife test. I'll sneak them back on if the H3 mounts break.
I would have thought she might like the “vibration in the seat of the pants” effect but no?

Awfiretto

Reaction score
Here I am about to start a thread /question of “Motor Mount broke again?!”

Replaced with Generic mount professionally 6 months ago...

And “thud” is back. Much better than the blown ones I bought the truck with, but still, did it go bad already??

I’ll have to read the book of this thread for answers when I get home from work.

This time though I’ll be replacing myself... just which brand will survive my right foot.

Also... how much serious long term damage can it cause if hold off a bit?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here I am about to start a thread /question of “Motor Mount broke again?!”

Replaced with Generic mount professionally 6 months ago...

And “thud” is back. Much better than the blown ones I bought the truck with, but still, did it go bad already??

I’ll have to read the book of this thread for answers when I get home from work.

This time though I’ll be replacing myself... just which brand will survive my right foot.

Also... how much serious long term damage can it cause if hold off a bit?
Get the Hummer mount, part number is in the thread. Nobody’s broke one yet.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes very broke.

I'm getting a clunk with my H3 mounts. I'll report tomorrow if they went bad. I have poly mounts to fall on if so!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC