Bridgestone tires. good or bad? My experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Barnes

Reaction score
I have 252K on my 2005 Yukon XL. I got about 35K on the factory Bridgestone tires before I replaced them with Michelin Defender LT2s. I had done the same on my 2001 Suburban. My wife's 2004 Lincon Town Car has always had Michelins on it. That's all I will ever buy.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
I just replaced the Alenzas on my '22 Denali which had about 37k miles on them. Went with the Defenders like most have suggested and what a hell of a difference!! The ride matches the luxury of the vehicle and I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. No more weird vibrations, a lot more quieter, and bumps feel so much smoother.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the Alenzas on my '22 Denali which had about 37k miles on them. Went with the Defenders like most have suggested and what a hell of a difference!! The ride matches the luxury of the vehicle and I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. No more weird vibrations, a lot more quieter, and bumps feel so much smoother.
Which exact model of the Defenders did you get?

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
Which exact model of the Defenders did you get?
Damn, that's a good question. I just walked into Discount Tire and said I want the Defenders and walked out with Defenders. I'll have to check during lunch to see what I actually have.

Mollys70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bridgestone/Firestone tires are the worst tires I ever had. Michelin Defender LTX/2 are by far the best tires I ever had.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for posting those.

Incidentally, where there appears to be a darker ring around the sidewall (that "Michelin" is stamped in), what is the texture of the rubber in that ring? Is it outward-radiating ridges/grooves? A cross-hatched pattern?

Thanks again.
It’s a ribbed like pattern.

IMG_4675.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21RST