Brembo brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.brembo.com/en/company/news/brembo-brakes-gm-suv

Will these fit our 2007-2014s? Our stock calipers have the same part numbers as the 2015s so I think they should fit.
Would our master cylinder be able to handle them?

I just dumped about 4000 into mine so I can't afford to spend 2500 on brakes right now but I'm curious incase maybe next year I will be able to afford them.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure, but the brembo kit is only the fronts.

might be worth looking @ & saving for wilwood kit or stoptech

MWR Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been searching for the answer to this same question without success. I agree that it seems like they should work but it's probably going to take someone spending the $$ to find out. I've run Baer alumasports for 10+ years and the cost of the rotor replacements is really getting to me. I'd love an option other than Wilwood.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilwoods FTW, I have also found them to be lighter then the Brembos too.

Less unsprung weight is good!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That kit is for 15> unfortunately. It’s due to the offset of the brake carrier to the disc. There’s a clone kit made by CTSV.com. They make the adapter for using Brembo C6 ZR1 calipers with the rotors in the kit you referenced.

https://ctsvbrakeswap.com/collectio...6-piston-c6-zr1-caliper-big-brake-bracket-kit

I pieced the parts together for $1.4K last year and have yet to install it. You’ll need 20” rims min. The discs are huge at 16”

f528c011fc82e6dcc4fd8fe3948c1b42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will work. The brakes are the same from 2008-2020 on the SUV’s. The 21+ Brembo kit or the stock 4 piston brakes will also work but the calipers need a washer between the knuckle to center it on the rotor.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will work. The brakes are the same from 2008-2020 on the SUV’s. The 21+ Brembo kit or the stock 4 piston brakes will also work but the calipers need a washer between the knuckle to center it on the rotor.

Yeah the 19+ Silverado/ 21+ SUV 4 piston calipers is the way I'm looking to go with the OEM 13.6" rotors.

But I might get froggy and order that Wilwood 16" kit.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the 19+ Silverado/ 21+ SUV 4 piston calipers is the way I'm looking to go with the OEM 13.6" rotors.

But I might get froggy and order that Wilwood 16" kit.

The 21 4 piston calipers are super wide, you have to be very careful about wheel fitment. I have a brand new set of them but they won’t fit with any of my wheels because they’re concave. I really want the Brembos because they will work with all of the wheels I have and look killer but I have a hard time on the cost when I don’t NEED them.

The Kit posted earlier in this thread for the ZR1 calipers will cost $1800-$2000 in parts. If it used CTS-V calipers it could be very reasonable because there are plenty of used ones out there. The Wilwood kit is the cheapest but I wonder about how hard it’ll be to acquire pads and rotors when they need replacement.