Brembo brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The Vette logo is screen printed on the calipers. After powder coating them with color then clear, I’ll probably have the Corvette script put back on.

I don’t mind paying homage to the Escalade’s honey badger cousin. The classifieds in the vette forums are a better place to ****** the calipers.

Is the corvette logo cast into the caliper? I'd want the caliper to be plain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brembos installed. As expected the kit literally fell on with no BS. Took an hour from start to finish including bleeding. I didn’t get crazy with it yet but it definitely stops better than the EBC Yellowstuff pads (which are still on the rear and still ugly). The Brembos modulate better than the EBC pads which are grabby because they’re so aggressive. The pedal also feels better. So far I’m very happy.

D75CCE6F-2534-4EC8-924D-02F5835E7779.jpeg

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Nice. Factory designed radial mount Brembo calipers that drop right in are a real treat.

Tha Centric rotors went on sale for $110 ea. shipped w/ the “save10” code. It shows they’re in stock for a brief moment too. It’d be a good idea to have a pair handy as the GM parts counter will rob you on these if needed in a pinch.

https://www.buybrakes.com/centric-120.62180-premium-brake-rotor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brembos installed. As expected the kit literally fell on with no BS. Took an hour from start to finish including bleeding. I didn’t get crazy with it yet but it definitely stops better than the EBC Yellowstuff pads (which are still on the rear and still ugly). The Brembos modulate better than the EBC pads which are grabby because they’re so aggressive. The pedal also feels better. So far I’m very happy.

View attachment 275818

Dude that's a dope set up!

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this setup come with braided SS lines from the caliper to the hard line?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. I'm using the factory hoses. If you wanted stainless steel hoses you can just buy a kit that works with the factory brakes and it'll work with the Brembos.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI: Was poking around Brembos catalog and they list 2 front brake options and 1 rear brake option for our GMT900s. 6 or 8 pistons up front with 380 or 412 mm rotors and 4-piston rears (380x32). Kits come with brake lines. Not sure of the part numbers but have a look here starting on page 60 for the Sierras (same for Yukons)

https://www.brembo.com/en/Varie/Brembo Upgrade 2021-06-01.pdf

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Those are the alum mono block kits that run about $5k for just the front or rear. That was the key factoid that kept them off the trucks for decades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094