Bose amp bypass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best way would be to replace the speakers first. The BOSE amp redirects the proper frequency range to the corresponding speakers, i.e. high frequencies to the tweets, midrange to the mid drivers, etc. In other words, a built in x-over. Unless you add a passive x-over to the factory components, you'll end up damaging the tweets, even at low to moderate volume.
You can add an in-line cap to the tweets and run the mid-driver and tweeter parallel. At the amp there are seperate wires for the front mids, tweeters, rear speakers, and of course the sub.

Front left mid: tan+, grey-
Front right mid: lt green+, dark green-
Rear left: brown+, yellow-
Rear right: dark blue+, light blue-

I don't remember the tweeter wire colors off-hand, but this will get you started in case you decide to do it.

OP
OP
matt14

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got done with the install today at work. The sound is not the greatest, but doesnt sound horrible. The sub hits HARD! I ended up cutting the wires at the connecter for the amp and spliced in the speaker wires. I'll replace the door speakers in a couple of months with some type R componets and coaxials. They state about 110rms at 4ohm, so this should go perfect with the amp that i have.

OP
OP
matt14

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone knows how long the "break-in" period is for a subwoofer. I'm running a 15" kicker L7.

OP
OP
matt14

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called kicker and they said to break it in for 20-40 hours and to make sure the gain is set correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willabea