Blinker "tick" gone after install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a d-din this past weekend and lost the blinker "tick"... do I need the GM module which keeps the onstar and chimes on? I didn't buy that because I really don't care about the other sounds/features - just want my blinker tick back! I'd hate to be the fool driving down the highway with his blinker on for miles :emotions122:

thanks

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The module isn't just for onstar. Its for every chime, tick or "DING DING" that you hear. Everything from the turn signals, low fuel chime, headlights left on chime,to the keys left in Ign chime.

OP
OP
S

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping it wasn't so, but looks like I'll have to tear down and put that in...

all for the blinker. :emotions122:

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

dammit. looks like I need to cut all my nice soldered/shrink wrapped connections....

OP
OP
S

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the only difference between GMOS LAN 01 vs GMRC LAN 01 the ability to retain OnStar? I don't care to keep OnStar, but want everything else... GMRC looks like the right choice?

Thanks

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the only difference between GMOS LAN 01 vs GMRC LAN 01 the ability to retain OnStar? I don't care to keep OnStar, but want everything else... GMRC looks like the right choice?

Thanks

Yep, go with the GMRC LAN 01.

Product Description
Use this radio wire harness when replacing your factory radio with an aftermarket radio while retaining factory features. This adapter is designed to work with select 2006-2008 GM vehicles that do not have OnStar or when OnStar is not needed (will be disconnected) and in vehicles without a factory amplified system (or when the factory amplified system is bypassed and aftermarket amplifiers are used). This adapter will provide a 12 volt accessory output for the aftermarket radio. Retains warning chimes through the on-board speaker of the adapter.

OP
OP
S

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. ordered and will do a write up...

OP
OP
S

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I installed the GMRC LAN 01, it doesn't appear to support Parking Sensors or R.A.P.???

:emotions122:

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
I cut my turn signals on purpose by removing the speaker box for my bypass module. The sound was not the same as the factory and it was completely annoying. Plus I didn't feel like the audible turn signal was really necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n