Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so the Hellwig adjustable brackets came in and gave me about 1/2" movement which helped a bit, then I went ahead and drilled new holes in the lower control arm, broke a bit and needed a bigger drill but easy peasy, the heavy duty mevotech bushings are much much better and the bolt just happened to be the same length and the mevotech end links come with additional inner metal sleeves so I used those and the shorter middle sleeve that came with the lowering kit, now I have a much better angle and the bushings are not ****-eyed anymore, so I'm happy as long as it doesn't bend of break on me
View attachment 233590 View attachment 233591 View attachment 233592
That’s better but , to me, it’s still way wrong geometry. Do you know whose control arms those are? What would it take to get the sway bar parallel to the control arm?

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s better but , to me, it’s still way wrong geometry. Do you know whose control arms those are? What would it take to get the sway bar parallel to the control arm?
Made by IHC suspension, Inez 4/6 kit, I'm happy with the sway bar angle now, but it would just have to have a shorter link I guess, it's not much different on the angle than it is on my Yukon, the end of the sway bar has a tongue that sits pretty even with the control arm, sort of anyway, better than it was before.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might be the picture. I tried looking at pics of mine but can’t find any that show it very well.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
next things to do
1. under hood light--Done
2. interior foot well led lights
3. tint the rear windows -Done
4. B&M Deep trans pan
5. true cool 40k
6. Audio upgrade of some form
7. black bear tune
8. upgrade the fog/driving lights
9. add a rear sway bar
10 girdle the g80
????????
wish list: ported 6.2l intake & ported throttle body, morimoto brake lights.

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
so the Hellwig adjustable brackets came in and gave me about 1/2" movement which helped a bit, then I went ahead and drilled new holes in the lower control arm, broke a bit and needed a bigger drill but easy peasy, the heavy duty mevotech bushings are much much better and the bolt just happened to be the same length and the mevotech end links come with additional inner metal sleeves so I used those and the shorter middle sleeve that came with the lowering kit, now I have a much better angle and the bushings are not ****-eyed anymore, so I'm happy as long as it doesn't bend of break on me
View attachment 233590 View attachment 233591 View attachment 233592

That looks a lot better as far as the bushings are concerned.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ordered a Katech 80mm ported throttle body, B&M 70392 Deep transmission pan and a Tru-cool 40k transmission cooler
it's just money right? all together about $740.00
I already took out the Transmission thermostat didn't make a whole lot of difference dropped the temps maybe 20-25 deg on average
after I get the throttle body next week I will work on getting the BB tune this Truck def needs a tune the more I drive it the more I can tell it needs one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212