Best offroad lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
so ive searched this forum the and the gmfs forum.everyone seems to have there own opinions.out of the hello 500s,kc slimlight,or piaa...which have the best light output..rite know im running 55w 6000k hids.so im looking for something that is goin to put out more then that without spending over 200.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Excellent question. You'll probably get a bunch of answers, too...depending on who answers....lol.

I'm in the process of setting up some Hella 500's, which I know are good and relatively cheap. Also easy to mod HID's into if I decide to go that route.

TheYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hella 500's are what I have used for years on many different trucks and cars. If you are using them for off-road and want to see about 1/2 a mile ahead of you make sure you get the driving light version not the fog and put 100 watt bulbs in them. Mine right now will surpass and over come my 6K hid headlights.

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
i've got 3 hella 500ff's with 100w bulbs. they're pretty decent. i wouldn't call them the best but they're a good bang for the buck

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
What's the diff. between the 500's and the 500ff's, anyway? I understand the reflectors are a bit different, but what's the difference in light/output? Basically, which are better?

TheYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ff's have a completly clear lens with no directional lines. They are a straight pencil beam so you only get light right where they are pointed. With the regular 500's you still get the straight pencil beam but its a much wider beam. My brother had the ff's on his f150 and they were not even close to the light output of the regular 500's.

OP
OP
podwarrior63086
Reaction score
sounds good.maybee ill try the hella 500 out.they have them at my local pep boys for 116 for the pair.same gos for the kc slimlights...jus gotta check what wattage they had..think it was the 55w for hella...and the 100w for kc

TheYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds good.maybee ill try the hella 500 out.they have them at my local pep boys for 116 for the pair.same gos for the kc slimlights...jus gotta check what wattage they had..think it was the 55w for hella...and the 100w for kc

Yeah the hella's come with a 55 watt h3 bulb. Since you are at pep boys go ahead and buy 100 watt h3's and replace them. They should have the bulbs in stock they normally run about 4 bucks each.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score

I've seen them for as low as $50/pair on ebay in the last couple of weeks....if I wasn't so broke I'd probably have about 4 sets of them at that price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali