belltech 2-3-4 drop kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leileisdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, yesterday a shop here in town installed my belltech kit. I went with the 2-4 drop. It rubs really bad, they told me I could cut, or use 1/8 spacers I like how my wheels sit inside or flush with the fenders. I dont want to lose that look... I have 26 inch wheels with +35 offfset.... I have an 07 Tahoe non autoride 4x4.. Also one side is lower than the other, for example in the rear, I can put 4 fingers between the tire and the fender and on the other side I can only put 2/3 fingers... Same with the front... Has anybody seen or heard of something like this? Im taking it back today, but I wanted to ask you guys for suggestions first.
Thanks!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a KNOWN issue, commonly referred to "Chevy lean." All Chevy trucks are higher on the one side (either due to the location of the gas tank, or because most roads are crowned, or due to some other mystery of life). All you did was lower the truck evenly, and so the same height difference side-to-side is still there.

Don't sweat it.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHEVY LEAN is def. Normal. It sucks! But....since you dont have auto ride you might be able to cut one of the spacers in half and install it on left side to even it out. I have messed with my airride and finally got it pretty close 1/8-1/4" when aired up.

As far as tires rubbing i think it the offset on the wheels, i have 22" with 35mm offset and they rub on the rear inside part of fender liner and sometimes slightly on the front fender liner rear of tire. ( if that makes sense) i used a heat gun and molded the plastic fender liners in a little. Had to trim very little on rear. Just part of being a baller on "sixes" haha

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys, yesterday a shop here in town installed my belltech kit. I went with the 2-4 drop. It rubs really bad, they told me I could cut, or use 1/8 spacers I like how my wheels sit inside or flush with the fenders. I dont want to lose that look... I have 26 inch wheels with +35 offfset.... I have an 07 Tahoe non autoride 4x4.. Also one side is lower than the other, for example in the rear, I can put 4 fingers between the tire and the fender and on the other side I can only put 2/3 fingers... Same with the front... Has anybody seen or heard of something like this? Im taking it back today, but I wanted to ask you guys for suggestions first.
Thanks!

normal pass side sits higher on mine 3/16 to 1/4 inch ill be fixing that shortly though :)

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
normal pass side sits higher on mine 3/16 to 1/4 inch ill be fixing that shortly though :)

Norcal how are you going to be fixing the chevy lean? Adjusting your links more? I know yours are not both the same but you also have all the rear end goodies. Please inform me as i absolutely despise the chevy lean.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
im going to be bringing my front down about 1/2 inch with my $15 dollar mod that ive been using since late 06 on them. I can adjust from side to side to make it sit pretty even in front. Rears a little more tricky will have to trim 1/2 loop and due to the fact the 5305 in the kits i sell has about 6 dead coils it does not affect ride.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yes when i get around to it I will. Just got to take apart front end and bring em to my machine shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401