2/3 drop while retaining autoride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep the Belltech kit and just change out the rear springs and shock extenders. I like the Belltech knuckles, the shorter rear bump stops are included are much nicer than cutting the stock ones, and the shorter links for the rear suspension sensors are awesome. You can resell the Belltech rear springs and extenders to help offset some cost if you want, I had no problem selling mine.

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep the Belltech kit and just change out the rear springs and shock extenders. I like the Belltech knuckles, the shorter rear bump stops are included are much nicer than cutting the stock ones, and the shorter links for the rear suspension sensors are awesome. You can resell the Belltech rear springs and extenders to help offset some cost if you want, I had no problem selling mine.

I only bought the rear kit. I planned on doing the strut flip up front with the stock struts. Part of the reason I went with the Belltech kit was because of the shorter autoride links. I’ll probably just copy links and return the whole kit

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you’re finally the first person that agrees with me about those springs. Get the MaxTrac rear 4” springs if you’re using the spacer under the Belltech spring. The spring rate agrees with the auto ride much better. I went thorough a lot of springs before I found these. You also need to use either DJM or McGaughy’s rear shock extenders, they drop the shock down the most and with the 4” spring, the shock length is within 1” of factory so they will have factory travel and it won’t blow your airbags if the shocks have some age on them. The Belltech “extenders” do not actually drop the shock down at all, they just make it more vertical.

I’m targeting for closer to a 2”-3” rear drop. Is there a version of this spring more suited for that amount of drop?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts