BBP Independent Intake Test Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lanteigned

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really like my Volant

What can you tell me about the sound difference at different RPM's? Do you like the new sound?

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

I just installed the volant and it is pretty crazy how it reacts at high rpms

What can you tell me about the sound difference at different RPM's? Do you like the new sound?

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

I really like the sound. It reminds me of putting an open element air filter on a carbureted engine. you can hear the growl through it. well when just driving down the road it's not noticeable to me. on the freeway and you lay into it slowly so it doesn't downshift you can hear the sound build with the rpm. With my foot to the floor letting it run through the gears, it starts out louder then my exhaust. But as the rpm climb you can hear the intake noise fade away and the exhaust come into play. At about 5000 the combination between the exhaust and intake is music to my ears.

onos86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm buying an 09 Yukon on Tuesday what's the product number on the air raid kit that was used? Not much point in me emailing for more info unless you ship to Canada

OP
OP
BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm buying an 09 Yukon on Tuesday what's the product number on the air raid kit that was used? Not much point in me emailing for more info unless you ship to Canada

The part number we tested was #200-996. You can find it and purchase it directly from our website: Airaid - Shopping Cart.

And we can absolutely ship to Canada. There is an option to do so when you get to the check out page.

Please let me know if you have any trouble ordering.

onos86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying I figure out overall cost but your site keeps saying that there's no shipping option for my address

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part number we tested was #200-996. You can find it and purchase it directly from our website: Airaid - Shopping Cart.

And we can absolutely ship to Canada. There is an option to do so when you get to the check out page.

Please let me know if you have any trouble ordering.

Is the airaid in the link the Airaid Jr model?
That will fit an 07 correct?

Thank You

OP
OP
BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the airaid in the link the Airaid Jr model?
That will fit an 07 correct?

Thank You

No, Part #200-996 is just the intake tube which is what we tested in our independent test.

The Airaid Jr. that fits 2007's is part #201-796. Here is the link to the product in our shopping cart: Airaid 201-796.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

I'm trying I figure out overall cost but your site keeps saying that there's no shipping option for my address

Can you email me ([email protected]) with your shipping address please and I'll try to get a quote for you? Thanks.

udownwitk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
definitely need to get my hands on one of the Airaid Jr tubes. just bought my yukon XL yesterday, it'll be the first thing i install i guess...

BG_Aggie08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's the link to our Airaid products; Airaid. Please let me know if you don't see your model #.

Sent you and email yesterday about product # and pricing. Just want to be sure that I get the right MIT for my 08 Tahoe Z71 5.3L before I have it tuned at the Fort Worth BB tune event Dec. 6. Since the test was done on tube only (no new filter) - I think I'd like to go that route to save a few pennies.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz