Autoride suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I did a little more testing tonight just for giggles.
Running the compressor and taking the pressure up to 150 I found I have some substantial leaking in the shocks. I noted the pressure still drops from that point down to about 22 and then holds there. When the pump is running I noted quite a bit of “blow-by” out the exhaust its hard to tell if it is leaking down through the vent solenoid but I suspect it is. At least until 22 psi and then it stays there even with the vent solenoid commanded on. The only way to drop it lower is to pull the air lines off the shocks. Then it goes down to 3 psi. I don’t understand why it stays pressurized unless the drier is plugged in some way. I think the small size of the system is the reason for the rapid leak down to 22 psi due to the shocks and suspected leak back through the vent valve. It is hard to get from the pump command screen to the vent command screen fast enough to hear the vent work because the pressure is gone by then. If I had a fitting I would pressurize it with my air compressor and search for the leak that way.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
True to form for me. I got cold feet about the Arnott shocks after reading some reviews.
First concern is the “remanufacturing” process. I am questioning if they actually replace the seals and fluid in the dampening portion or if they just test that portion and replace the air bags. And I wonder about the air line location compared to mine. I have heard of issues with the lines not reaching.
I cancelled that portion of my order and am considering the Delco OE shocks instead.

Thoughts?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do not as far as I know, they only replace the air bags. That is why I only recommend the OE parts or delete the system and go with a quality shock like the Bilstein 5100.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True to form for me. I got cold feet about the Arnott shocks after reading some reviews.
First concern is the “remanufacturing” process. I am questioning if they actually replace the seals and fluid in the dampening portion or if they just test that portion and replace the air bags. And I wonder about the air line location compared to mine. I have heard of issues with the lines not reaching.
I cancelled that portion of my order and am considering the Delco OE shocks instead.

Thoughts?
They sell their own design of new shocks too, AS-3430. These aren’t rebuilt. All their products are lifetime warranty too. Arnott is highly regarded in the air suspension industry and in fact just bought out Accuair which was huge in the bagged custom vehicle world. I bought some Bilstein rear air shocks for my 02 back when they were available from Arnott and have been running them for 3-4 years along with their compressor. I would go with their new shocks myself or go OEM but you’ll pay more for OEM.
https://www.arnottindustries.com/pr...swb-lwb-gmt8xx-9xx-w-magneride-autoride-lt-rt

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I ran Arnott air shocks on my bagged Harleys for years too with zero issues. I did have a problem with a “spoofer” on the fronts on my 02 Denali ( the fronts don’t have electronic damping like OEM so they use a resistor pack that plugs into the wiring harness so you don’t get a dash light) and their warranty department had a new part shipped out the next day after I called them so their customer service is excellent. They sell remanufactured shocks for exotics like Maybach etc too, pretty highly regarded like I said. In the bagged motorcycle world they’re considered top of the line with the products they design, engineer and build.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
They sell their own design of new shocks too, AS-3430. These aren’t rebuilt. All their products are lifetime warranty too. Arnott is highly regarded in the air suspension industry and in fact just bought out Accuair which was huge in the bagged custom vehicle world. I bought some Bilstein rear air shocks for my 02 back when they were available from Arnott and have been running them for 3-4 years along with their compressor. I would go with their new shocks myself or go OEM but you’ll pay more for OEM.
https://www.arnottindustries.com/pr...swb-lwb-gmt8xx-9xx-w-magneride-autoride-lt-rt
I was looking at the AS-3430 and noticed on their website that it appears to be a passive shock with custom valving and not an active Z55 replacement with OE dampening. I think the ring on the top is a resistor.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the AS-3430 and noticed on their website that it appears to be a passive shock with custom valving and not an active Z55 replacement with OE dampening. I think the ring on the top is a resistor.
They also have the AS-3436 which has magneride electronic damping if you want it. I would think people are staying away from that though with the stories of the electronic damping locking up on the OEM shocks and making it ride like a rock. You have choices George! Arnotts rebuilt OEM, new non magneride, new magneride, new OEM with magneride...and there’s other aftermarket ones too. My Bilsteins are non magneride and I don’t miss it but I never had it because my shocks were blown when I bought the truck. What are the rest of you guys on the GMT900 platform running?
https://www.arnottindustries.com/pr...let-gmc-suvs-swb-lwb-gmt9xx-w-magneride-lt-rt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasser Ali