Autoride suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the tsb say's that it could be the sensor in the pump, this just confirms the pump is bad if you ask me
DTC C0696 and/or C0711 set. This condition could be caused by the wiring to the automatic level control (ALC) pressure sensor being shorted to ground at the locations shown.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
well either should be fine...but I had to replace the arnott twice and then went with the Dorman and it has been fine.
could have just been bad luck. I only went with aftermarket because of lifetime warranty, oem should be fine as well.

if one of the height sensors is bad it should show a different ohm reading than the other 3 or have a open circuit.

I would think it should be able to tell you which one is bad like it can with the shocks but apparently not.

The odd thing is that I can see the live data and they all seem to give good readings. I would think one would show up with a different reading. I will test for the reference voltage when I get a chance.

Wish I had a wiring diagram.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if someone with a properly operating system could take their tech2 and compare position sensor range, pressure and relief valve operation.

Hopefully this will have all been put to bed by the time I get my Tech 2, but if not, as soon as it arrives, I will be glad to check it out.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The odd thing is that I can see the live data and they all seem to give good readings. I would think one would show up with a different reading. I will test for the reference voltage when I get a chance.

Wish I had a wiring diagram.
after reading the tsb I would suspect the pump given the erratic data it is giving, the tsb says to replace the valve on it, not sure if you can get them anymore, probably easier to just replace it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I’ve been running Arnotts pump on my 02 for 3 years with no issues.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Update:
Went out at lunch and was able to clear the code and it stayed clear. I still suspect the pressure sensor and that it freaked during the the ALC trim procedure.

Currently I can command the pump on and pump up to 80 psi and it drops quickly down to about 35 psi and then when I command the vent open it goes down to 22 psi and won't go lower. I agree that it sounds like the pump or valve died.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Update:
Went out at lunch and was able to clear the code and it stayed clear. I still suspect the pressure sensor and that it freaked during the the ALC trim procedure.

Currently I can command the pump on and pump up to 80 psi and it drops quickly down to about 35 psi and then when I command the vent open it goes down to 22 psi and won't go lower. I agree that it sounds like the pump or valve died.

Assuming something with the pump is bad and that I have leaks starting on the shocks do I just replace the whole batch at the same time???

Reaction score
It should get lower with the valve open, like below 10psi

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It should get lower with the valve open, like below 10psi

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It’s odd because When the bags are flat it pumps it up to about 14psi and I can open the valve and it will drop to ~5psi. But, if I pump it up above 50psi it won’t go lower than 22 psi unless I pull the hoses off the shocks. Then It goes down to 3psi. I don’t think those pressures are correct and I think the sender is bad. I wish I had another one to screw into it for giggles.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assuming something with the pump is bad and that I have leaks starting on the shocks do I just replace the whole batch at the same time???
If your shocks are leaking then I definitely would, otherwise they’ll soon be leaking worse and might take out the new compressor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasser Ali