At the point of getting rid of our 2016 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fordfest

Reaction score
I looked at the new Navigator while my MKZ was getting an oil change. Our dealer had a few of them. They look sharp and the interior is hands down an upgrade compared to our Denali. I really don't want to spend more than we already have.

In regard to the 2004 Cobra "Yes!!!"

Interesting to see the Durango ranked higher than the Tahoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In comparison, it just boils down to what people think and want. To me in my opinion the new style Navigator is one of the Fugliest vehicles on the road, those rims look like they came from a circus clown. I had rented a new expediton which was loaded, it was nice but drunk gas like no tomorrow, granted it was in bad weather in april but the way back was not and it still did not improve much. Another thing I found about the Expedition was how close it looked to a GMC Yukon with the Front end leds and rear lights. I don't believe the Ford is Bad, just different and will appeal to different people with different priorities. The Dodge Durango Citidel which I also rented just did ok. It reminded me of a Slightly bigger Grand Cherokee and had all the same options. It was much better on Fuel than the Eco Boost. What is all boils down to is get what you want based on your research. At least that is what seems to this old railroader.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In comparison, it just boils down to what people think and want. To me in my opinion the new style Navigator is one of the Fugliest vehicles on the road, those rims look like they came from a circus clown.

After taking another good look at it I have to agree.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...the new style Navigator is one of the Fugliest vehicles on the road, those rims look like they came from a circus clown

But it's still ON THE ROAD and not parked in the dealership's service department. :bleh:

...those rims look like they came from a circus clown

I've seen worse. But, yeah, they look like the wheels on the "beyond year 2000" concept cars we drew as kids.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expy

Pros: good tech, good interior passenger space, nice ride

Cons: exterior looks like horse shit, gas mileage is horrendous (I rented one for 2 weeks and couldn’t get better than 16 on the highway), oh and rear cargo space behind 3rd row (Max) is very noticeably smaller than Burb/XL (it’s worse than the numbers reveal- go look at it, the Expy‘ rear is curved)

Last edited:

01FormulaTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In comparison, it just boils down to what people think and want. To me in my opinion the new style Navigator is one of the Fugliest vehicles on the road, those rims look like they came from a circus clown. I had rented a new Expediton which was loaded, it was nice but drunk gas like no tomorrow, granted it was in bad weather in april but the way back was not and it still did not improve much. Another thing I found about the Expedition was how close it looked to a GMC Yukon with the Front end leds and rear lights. I don't believe the Ford is Bad, just different and will appeal to different people with different priorities. The Dodge Durango Citidel which I also rented just did ok. It reminded me of a Slightly bigger Grand Cherokee and had all the same options. It was much better on Fuel than the Eco Boost. What is all boils down to is get what you want based on your research. At least that is what seems to this old railroader.

styling is subjective and I agree I'm also not a fan of the wheels but those are easily changed, also you have to remember the Lincoln is going for the audience that buys the Escalade(which itself has always had quite gaudy styling)...and even though the Durango is Dodge's largest SUV I wouldn't consider it an apples to apples comparison...I would point out the Durango is smaller than the Expedition, a couple hundred lbs lighter, shorter length, width, and height, tows quite a bit less, less ground clearance, less cargo room etc, and the eco-boost makes 80 lb-ft more torque available at 2000 RPM lower....that being said I would expect the Durango to get better gas mileage...what different priorities are you referring to? I would think most people shopping for a large SUV would have similar priorities...I've heard first hand accounts from friends with eco-boosts that they are also disappointed with gas mileage but I think the name is misleading people to believe they will get V8 power with V6 mileage when the case seems to be performance exceeding a V8 with equal if not slightly worse mileage...other than that they all love the low end torque that no NA V8 can match...and if you can get past the styling I think most would agree the interior on the Fords is much nicer than what GM has to offer, if you truly do not like the design then that is understandable but for people to quickly dismiss a vehicle because it says Ford on it is ridiculous IMO

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
styling is subjective and I agree I'm also not a fan of the wheels but those are easily changed, also you have to remember the Lincoln is going for the audience that buys the Escalade(which itself has always had quite gaudy styling)...and even though the Durango is Dodge's largest SUV I wouldn't consider it an apples to apples comparison...I would point out the Durango is smaller than the Expedition, a couple hundred lbs lighter, shorter length, width, and height, tows quite a bit less, less ground clearance, less cargo room etc, and the eco-boost makes 80 lb-ft more torque available at 2000 RPM lower....that being said I would expect the Durango to get better gas mileage...what different priorities are you referring to? I would think most people shopping for a large SUV would have similar priorities...I've heard first hand accounts from friends with eco-boosts that they are also disappointed with gas mileage but I think the name is misleading people to believe they will get V8 power with V6 mileage when the case seems to be performance exceeding a V8 with equal if not slightly worse mileage...other than that they all love the low end torque that no NA V8 can match...and if you can get past the styling I think most would agree the interior on the Fords is much nicer than what GM has to offer, if you truly do not like the design then that is understandable but for people to quickly dismiss a vehicle because it says Ford on it is ridiculous IMO

...but that huge Ford symbol on the front grill looks so pedestrian, lol.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O1FormulaTA, I had an '01 WS6 with the manual tranny, Borla exhaust, CAI, programmed tune, probably putting out close to 400 HP. Wish I still had it. But I was commuting to work 85 miles both ways and early one late-fall morning I was running down a two lane road about ten miles from the Oklahoma-Arkansas border near De Queen in the dark just before dawn and hit a big cut piece of fire wood someone has lost from their load. Badly bent the right front rim, blew out the right rear tire and nearly lost it to a head-on with a loaded timber truck/trailer. Would have ended me for sure if I had not been able to steer back to my lane. Cost a pot full for the insurance to pay for the repairs and I never had confidence in it again for running much more than 75 or 80. I traded it off a year later. It was a great car still, probably, but I just did not trust it any more. Know what I mean?

OP
OP
F

fordfest

Reaction score
Picked up our Denali from the dealership today. They did not find any issues with the suspension. It's just what it is. I give them kudos as they could have easily replaced a strut and billed GM.
It sucks being in this position! We have no idea what to do. There is nothing else that we like after owning multiple XL Denali for 15 years. Really have no interest in continuing to make payments on this car nor do we want to go drop another $70-$100k on a replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts

Latest posts