At the point of getting rid of our 2016 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your next step should be to contact a Lemon Law attorney and see what kind of action you get from GM. Unfortunately they have left you no choice.

Agent WD-40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the dealer couldn’t resolve the issue for you. Another thought would be to replace the magnetic shocks with standard ones from a Suburban or regular Yukon XL. If those have a more appealing ride that might help you.

I do agree with you that the 15 and 16 do have a harsher ride than I prefer - especially over small stuff. As I said before the 18Denali XL I have now is a much better ride. Plus the 10 speed is fantastic!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up our Denali from the dealership today. They did not find any issues with the suspension. It's just what it is. I give them kudos as they could have easily replaced a strut and billed GM.
It sucks being in this position! We have no idea what to do. There is nothing else that we like after owning multiple XL Denali for 15 years. Really have no interest in continuing to make payments on this car nor do we want to go drop another $70-$100k on a replacement.

Time to fix it yourself and forget being hamstrung by the warranty. Call Arnott and explain to them your situation.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
This is really weird with the rough ride situations. The MRC on the Denali is controlled by the body control module. Is there something in the module that needs to know your correct tire and rim data?

If the BCM thinks you’re running 20’s and you’ve got 22’s without all that sidewall cush, it’s going to ride horrible. I’d reach out to an aftermarket pro who speaks BCU to determine if your set up correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 17 XL SLT and bought it with the factory 20" Conti tires and had gone from a 2011 Suburban and the ride in the 17 was night and day...I could not believe how much more solid and quiet it felt, and then I swapped out the stock 20's for my 22" wheels which I love the look, but in all honesty the ride with the 22's absolutely sucks...I feel more road for sure and it is noisy hitting bumps etc...just feels rough. The 20" tires really absorbed more road conditions and gave it a smoother ride. I would be willing to bet that if you were to experiment with a set of 20" wheels and tires you might see a big difference. Probably easier said than done, but maybe the new dealer you went to could try a set to see. Just a thought. I know these trucks look so much better with 22" or bigger wheels, but some of the 20" styles are not bad, and for sure the 20's have a smoother ride. Someone mentioned reducing the air in the 22's, also you might want to research the tire brand as well? Maybe another tire brand with a softer compound could help? Just a thought.
On another note, I lemon lawed an Acadia after 3 years, and it was the recommendation of the Service Manager at the Dealer I bought it from, for almost a year I went back and forth with GM about a solution with the vehicle and they only push you to the point of where you are now, get a Lemon Law Lawyer and they will take care of everything for you and you will get back every dime for the car...I even got paid for the window tint and 3 years of Registration. I went through a firm here in CA. called Norman Taylor and Assoc. and they took care of everything, and provided me a check less their fees that were about $3500-4k, but I put $11k down when I bought the car, and got back a little over $16k after their fees were subtracted from the settlement buyback, so since I got back more than my down and I drove the car for 3 years, it was a win win.
Hope this helps! Good Luck!

OP
OP
F

fordfest

Reaction score
I've considered trying a different set of wheels and tires. If I could get the dealer to swap out a set, even if off a used car. It would be nice to know. We have Dueler tires. We have always used Michelin tires. If I thought it would fix it, I would gladly buy a set. Hate to invest a grand into tires and it not fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot of people referring to the Bridgestones that come on these things as "Brickstones". I also read a lot of how great Michelin tires are as a replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844