At the point of getting rid of our 2016 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fordfest

Reaction score
You do have to wonder how many owners think the pogo stick ride is how it should be. Our 07 on oem 20" wheels had a good ride, even better when I changed to the winter wheel/tire, which was a set of oem 18" tire/wheel.
Don't get me wrong, the 22" wheels look sharp, but not practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01FormulaTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Lincoln Navigators are pretty clean...New 10 Speed co-developed with GM, same engine as the new Raptor, 510 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm so Im sure it should drive way better than the Denali, and the reviews have all been VERY positive....

G3GX5VM.jpg

7K6ToaW.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But.......it is still a FORD.

Point? If I had ~$70K to blow on a fullsize SUV, I'd spend it on whatever didn't have similar shortcomings as a '99 Cavalier. I understand being loyal to a brand, but I want my loyalty to be appreciated and rewarded, not exploited.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I have just been lucky, maybe not. We have owned maybe five FORD products since we were married in 1969. Four were total duds and one, a used 1978 Continental Mark V we bought used in 1982 was acceptable. All the other FORDS were just sorry, troublesome, expensive to keep running crap. We have had only one GM product that was crap that we bought. It was a new 1978 Monte Carlo and we got rid of it in six months. And my dad gave me a Lime Green Vega with 20K on it one year because I worked weekends to help him prepare tax return extensions he had to get clients one season. He gave me the Vega in return for the $1,000 I had earned. It was just an awful vehicle as everyone knows. All the other vehicles we have owned the last 49 years have been better than any FORDS we ever owned.

01FormulaTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you didn't mention it but it doesn't sound like you have driven any of Fords newer products, I have never driven anything from 1978 but I would imagine any 40 year old vehicle from any manufacturer would seem like a POS when compared to something newer...Ive had 4 Fords and they all performed flawlessly, to this day my favorite vehicle I have ever owned was my 2004 Cobra, it was better in every way than my 2001 Z06 except the gas mileage...but my last 6 vehicles have been GM mainly because I love tinkering with LS engines, that being said if I was in the market for a new truck or sports car I would only be looking at a Dodge or Ford, not a fan of the new GM LTX engines and the interiors on the Dodge and Ford trucks is light years ahead of anything GM has to offer....IMO Ford knocked it out of the park with the new Navigator and it looks and performs better than any competitive GM product in every metric

Last edited:

jpcortese

Reaction score
The new Lincoln Navigators are pretty clean...New 10 Speed co-developed with GM, same engine as the new Raptor, 510 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm so Im sure it should drive way better than the Denali, and the reviews have all been VERY positive....

G3GX5VM.jpg

7K6ToaW.jpg

Last Saturday my wife and I test drove the 2018 Tahoe, the 2018 Yukon Denali and the new 2018 Expedition. My current ride is a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Jeep has been flawless but we want something a little larger. I've had 2 Expeditions in the past and they too were flawless. Keep in mind my wife is not a car person, so take her views with a grain of salt. In her opinion, the Expedition rode the best, had more 2nd and 3rd row leg room and performed similar to the GM vehicles, even though it had the V6 engine. She thought the ride in the GM products was harsher and more truck like. She also thought the interior was nice in all the vehicles. She didn't like at all the platform in the cargo area in the GM products. What I didn't like about the Expedition was the rotary shifter. Don't count the Ford products out since in our view they are very nice and compare well. BTW, I wanted to see and drive the new Navigator but the salesperson told me that they didn't have any in stock and that they sell unseen and have a waiting list. Also, the Expedition was fully loaded and price wise was in the same ballpark as the GM products (similarly equipted). BTW, as a side note Motor Trend did a comparison of large SUV's in the April edition of their magazine and rated the Expedition first, the Dodge Durango second, the Chevy Tahoe third and the Nissan Armada fourth. We did not decide or buy anything and I feel like I should wait to see the new GM products when they are restyled.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was driving in New York yesterday. They have horrific sections of roads, bad enough that on certain sections I felt the rear end kick out several times. Swear it was coming off the road. Scary as hell. Up until then, I hadn't had any complaints. I will never drive that road again lol

My 'Burb LT only has the standard suspension. She rides really nice otherwise.

I had a 05 Escalade. While the super fancy suspension was nice, once they start having issues it gets old real quick. I highly recommend you check out a highly decked out LT or Premier. Without the magnetic crap
Hey now.....;)

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, all my opinions on vehicles comes from my formative years up through my college years. My dad owned five NAPA stores and I worked every day after school, Saturday mornings in one of them beginning when I was 12 or 13. So my whole life back then was dominated by just about anything with a motor and 2 or 4 wheels. I remember only a '46 Crown Vic and a '59 Fairlane that my dad ever bought. The rest were Cadillacs, Buicks, Oldsmobiles and the occasional Chevy with a couple of Plymouths in the mix. So, my preference for GM vehicles was formed early and has not changed. In my humble opinion, the Mustang GT is probably the only FORD I would ever consider purchasing. And as I am 70, I would look pretty foolish driving one of them. But the variety of brands of everything including vehicles, is great, that proves we do not all have to think alike and have the same preferences. Isn't it great to live in America?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01