Anyone near Greensboro/Winston-Salem, NC willing to look at a truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured I'd throw this out there since I think it was worked for others in the past but is there anyone near the Winston-Salem and Greensboro area NC willing to take a look at a truck for me? The pickier you are the better! I really want to go look at this truck but it is 4.5 hours away so going to look at it will cost me an entire day plus probably $125+ in fuel. This truck is almost the perfect one option wise (main issue being AWD) but I'm nervous it might be rusty because it was registered in VA for a while. It's at a little car lot rather than a new car dealer and they're hit or miss with trying to do crap like spray painting the frame and such to try and make it look better than it is (or doing it as part of the detail process and then the truck stinks like spray paint). I'm VERY picky about paint (at least on the body, I can forgive bumpers for the right truck) and most importantly want to know if it has been painted poorly and there is dry spray, sanding marks, etc.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on where in Virginia it may not see snow. I’m about 2 hours north on Greensboro in Roanoke VA. We see 2-3 episodes of snow per year and the road is clear usually the same day. Good luck with your search.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck got sold on Friday. Probably for the best. I would have been buying for the color (Xenon Blue) and probably would have hated the AWD 6 months after buying even if the rest of the truck was in good shape as it appeared to be in the pictures. I just need to keep my SWB and buy a roof rack or hitch carrier for down the road. It’s paid for and almost everything is fixed on it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck got sold on Friday. Probably for the best. I would have been buying for the color (Xenon Blue) and probably would have hated the AWD 6 months after buying even if the rest of the truck was in good shape as it appeared to be in the pictures. I just need to keep my SWB and buy a roof rack or hitch carrier for down the road. It’s paid for and almost everything is fixed on it.
ARA Auto Sales?

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a place called Walkertown Auto Sales which appeared to be run out of/through Walkertown Tire.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, had a pretty hectic weekend with staffing at work with everything going on! Let me know if you find another this way and I'll be glad to check it out, pending the work flow.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not your fault. I was trying to wait it out a little anyway so he might be willing to negotiate. He knew it was a rare color but blue usually doesn’t sell that well which is why they’re rare; however, many used buyers aren’t very concerned with particular colors especially in the current market. It is what it is. We don’t need it desperately (yet) and the wife says she wants to keep her SWB Yukon. I really didn't want AWD and I would have been starting over with another restoration.