Antennas sticking outa my tires!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Took the Tahoe for its first long drive since installing the TPMS Delete. 140 mile round trip and within the first 30 miles my "Check Tire System Monitor" message came on. After driving another 5 miles it went back off. This happened once more on the trip back home, I checked the DIC and their was no tire psi readings. After a few miles down the road the light went off and tire psi displayed on the DIC.
The box is riding on the transmission hump only a few feet away from the tpms receiver. Im going to go ahead with my original plan and install the units transmitter and power supply I bought for it in my own box. Im going to install the box closer to the receiver and hope for the best. If this doesn't work, Im out $120 bucks and I officially throw in the towel and buy TPMS sensors.

Pretty bummed out. I bought this TPMS Delete to turn off the light, not turn off the light sometimes. Im pretty sure the seller "rides out" his 14 day return policy by only partly answering questions once every 24 hours. I thought this may be due to a language barrier but Im skeptical. I keep getting answers back like:

"I assume the unit is plugged in at all times when this is happening ? Next time this happens try shacking the unit manually and see if the truck receives the readings and let us know if it works. In the meantime we will check with our technical team to see if anything else can be done."

...yeah dumbass, its plugged in. and no, Im not going for another 140 trip anytime soon so I can try "shacking the unit" while Im driving! If I do, Ill be arriving at your doorstep in Canada, its right next door to me...and we will try this "shacking" thing out together....!!

ummm ok that didnt sound right,..but you get the idea.

Stay tuned.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Took the Tahoe for its first long drive since installing the TPMS Delete. 140 mile round trip and within the first 30 miles my "Check Tire System Monitor" message came on. After driving another 5 miles it went back off. This happened once more on the trip back home, I checked the DIC and their was no tire psi readings. After a few miles down the road the light went off and tire psi displayed on the DIC.
The box is riding on the transmission hump only a few feet away from the tpms receiver. Im going to go ahead with my original plan and install the units transmitter and power supply I bought for it in my own box. Im going to install the box closer to the receiver and hope for the best. If this doesn't work, Im out $120 bucks and I officially throw in the towel and buy TPMS sensors.

Pretty bummed out. I bought this TPMS Delete to turn off the light, not turn off the light sometimes. Im pretty sure the seller "rides out" his 14 day return policy by only partly answering questions once every 24 hours. I thought this may be due to a language barrier but Im skeptical. I keep getting answers back like:

"I assume the unit is plugged in at all times when this is happening ? Next time this happens try shacking the unit manually and see if the truck receives the readings and let us know if it works. In the meantime we will check with our technical team to see if anything else can be done."

...yeah dumbass, its plugged in. and no, Im not going for another 140 trip anytime soon so I can try "shacking the unit" while Im driving! If I do, Ill be arriving at your doorstep in Canada, its right next door to me...and we will try this "shacking" thing out together....!!

Stay tuned.

The TPMS receiver is in the drivers rear quarter panel area... I mentioned this in an earlier post... no where near the transmission tunnel... just FYI

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Stay tuned.
Dammit that sucks big time. I find it strange that I can’t find any information from anyone using these long-term. I did find some YouTube where guys were having the same problem but there’s very little out there in terms of reviews or actual user experience.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TPMS receiver is in the drivers rear quarter panel area... I mentioned this in an earlier post... no where near the transmission tunnel... just FYI

I hope youre wrong. lol
This would completly change the way I mounted the box. Do you have a link?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I hope youre wrong. lol
This would completly change the way I mounted the box. Do you have a link?

Not with me... lol

The TPMS uses the same receiver as the RKE (remote keyless entry).

It is called the RCDLR (Remote Control Door Lock Receiver) module and is mounted in the drivers rear right next to the power lift gate motor if your truck has that.

It's right below the drivers side rear side window... at least that is where it is on my 2008 Burb LTZ.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not with me... lol

The TPMS uses the same receiver as the RKE (remote keyless entry).

It is called the RCDLR (Remote Control Door Lock Receiver) module and is mounted in the drivers rear right next to the power lift gate motor if your truck has that.

It's right below the drivers side rear side window... at least that is where it is on my 2008 Burb LTZ.

Well poop.
I just installed my box here...
20190806_185449.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA