TPMS Valve Stem Replacement.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

23 Yukon Ultimate

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am adding trailer TPMS with a sensor relocation kit (Dill P/N DA416 ) this kit moves the sensor away from the bead so it doesn't get damaged when mounting tire. I purchased new sensors (P/N 86803857) I need to remove the valve stem from the new sensor so I can add the sensor on this relocation kit does anyone know what size the torx screw is?

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This reminds me... Are there electrical components that need to be replaced for the TPMS, like a battery or anything? One of mine stopped reading on my dashboard a month ago, so I took it to a new GM dealership to have them look at it. They were either being lazy about it or just uneducated on how to recalibrate it, so they wiped the entire thing. Now I don't have any readings. The dealer that I originally took it to is much further to drive to, now that I've moved, but I think I'll have to go there again in hopes they can fix it.

If it's the sensor itself, at least there are a lot of tire shops near the dealership that might be able to fix or replace it.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most all TPMS sensors have a sealed battery - i.e. non-replaceable. Battery life expectancy is ~5-10 years.

Sounds like the dealer turned off your TPMS system - somehow. All of the sensors are self-calibrating on the 21+ platform, so when you do a tire rotation they re-learn their position without having to use a TPMS scan tool.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the turn off feature. I'll have to ask my dealership friend about that one. I personally hate TPMS and it seems like I'm always fighting an issue. Then change over to winter tires and it starts all over again. I like my F-450 - none of that stuff. A good daily/weekly visual should suffice, but I do understand that some of the newer low profile tires are harder to visually see being low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo